Audio routing Digi Syntakt and micro freak

hello, i have a digitakt and syntakt, and now a microfreak has been added. how should i connect them via audio? On the one hand Digitakt has a compressor on the other hand Syntakt has the FX. should i buy an external mixer? how do you do it?

I’ve got a Microfreak going straight into the Syntakt, works like a charm for me. I am giving up a track for the midi though, which wouldn’t be the case with the Digitakt. But it’s basically an extra 4 voice ‘polysynth’ on one track so I don’t mind the tradeoff.

One thing I like to do, with MF audio and midi going to ST, and thru FX, is to route MF midi to both a midi track and the FX track, and set it up so MF keys trigger the FX track filter envelope, MicroFreak sounds great with a little saturation/drive and the ST filter.

1 Like

you could let the audio go trough Syntakt but send midi from Digitakt ?

2 Likes

I could if I actually owned a Digitakt :wink: (I purely mentioned it to explain the difference to OP) I do have an OT or DN to possibly do this but it would probably only confuse me. :smiley:

my bad, i tought you had both!

Over here i have Dreadbox Typhon going into Digitone and Both into Digitakt (for the compressor), and Digitakt sending MIDI to Typhon, but Digitone doing it’s own sequencing, that’s why i replied :wink:

1 Like

A mixer is a good investment as it’s likely you’ll buy more machines. Until then my own preference for routing would be Microfreak into Syntakt and Syntakt into Digitakt. The compressor on the Digitakt is pretty good.

1 Like

and how do you record then? into a DAW or into a mobile device?

how do you record then? into a DAW or into a mobile device?

I record into sound forge. I edit stuff later. I’m not into the multitrack DAW thing, never have been.