Audio Recorder (maybe with effects?) for Kids (age 2-6)

Hi,

I´m in search for some audio recorder for kids with integrated speaker and portable (batteries).
Ideally with effects for voice and speed… (that would be a dream)… and not too expensive, maybe in the pricerange of 20-200 $
But if you have interesting models, which are more expensive, please post em (not the TE OP1 :wink:

2 Likes

That´s what I found so far… Smoby Kidcorder - around 35 - 70 $

https://www.smoby.com/smoby_en/categories/baby-toddler-toys/toys-for-1-year-olds/kidcorder-180800.html

Brand new noise Reverse the curse - 155 $

"Reverse the Curse lo-fi audio recording gadget is here! Our handmade, battery powered sound recording device has a built mic, speaker, and allows you to record with the touch a button.

Pitch control, delay effects, reverse audio switch and continuous loop switch. But wait, there’s more you say? That’s right! If you hold down the red record button during audio playback, you can use the black control knob to scrub, or scratch (like old school turntable) your recording. Get wild.

And audio nerds, yes, this baby has a 1/8 stereo audio output jack. "

2 Likes

Brand new noise Loupy Lou - 85 $

Fisher Price B0034 - used 20 - 80 $
Cassette recorder with voice changer

Only records 12 seconds but sounds like fun for a kid, very simple operation designed for children probably in that age range, compact size but probably not a choking hazard (the package does say not suitable for children under 3 though).

Priced around $20 USD. I don’t know how well it works though.

1 Like

I also remember these being popular in the 90’s after the home alone film franchise, I suppose they probably aren’t made anymore so you’d be dealing with whatever the last reissue or version of it was.

prices will fluctuate wildly, I’m sure.

here’s some later incarnation found on amazon.

1 Like