Audio input, uses?

Yupp, I am guessing the audio input is just for giving extra mileage to the stereo analog comp in uses outside of the AR’s internal sound processing. And a p-lockable one at that!

2 Likes

The mduw sounds nice through it.

2 Likes

Very useful as a preamp input for playing or recording to a DAW from an analog source and is good enough quality.

Intrigued as to how on earth you can be usb streaming from the RYTM without using the OB plugin, as that is all that handles the audio streaming.

The levels are good for the hot signal that comes out of eurorack.

have a go ya self , easy to set up.
been quite bored of ableton lately and fancied something quick to open up and record in, works :smiley:
audio input can be recorded aswell (very very quiet though) i wonder if one day they will open up a channel in overbridge for it , should be possible huh

Compressor parameters are P-lockable?!

1 Like

Yes, of course. All the fx mode parameters are plockable and you can use the LFO too, just like with any track :happy:

4 Likes

Is this still the case or has a new update opened up the audio in through reverb etc possibilities?

never gonna happen … you’d need an updated pcb … the input signal goes direct (analog) through to the output side of the compressor

2 Likes

It would be great if Elektron made it possible to use this input for driving the AR’s clock, dont you think?

But no midi note out per track? Why on earth would they not include this. My $300 electribe can do all 16 tracks of midi at the same time, plus velocity, plus clock.

I doubt it’s a CPU resource issue, a simple paragraph of code and and an additional midi menu item: “send midi notes” should do the trick.

I too am disappointed I can;t use my rytm as a master sequencer, as such its relegated to a sound module as “recieve midi notes” is an option…

Waiting for my Analog rytm mk2 to arrive later today.
Searched, but didnt find exactly what I was looking for in this forum (though I’m sure it has been asked a lot of time):

Can I use the Analog Rytm mk2 as a soundcard/interface for my single hardwaresynth, without it being affected by amp envelopes on the rytm?

Yes, you can.
Unfortunetly, you can’t use rytms filters and envelopes with your hardware synth)))

I used it live for a bit doing kind of Mr. G style edits house. DT > AR > AH. Can’t say it was fun to mix or balance, but it was a light set up.

Hi Guys,
Does any one of you uses the ext in of the ARMK2 with eurorack signals?
Is it not too hot to be send into ext in ?
I want to do that but I don’t want to fry anything.

AR manual sais 15 dbU max, according to this

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-db-volt.htm

that means 12.32 peak-to-peak. Modular should be 5V max.

I use it myself as an input from eurorack btw.

1 Like

Isnt that 5 to -5V so 10V peak to peak?

Yes, that’s what I meant, thanks for clarification.

Thanks for the clarification !
I will try that.