Audio editor help

I have a very long sample (around 2minutes) opened in the audio editor.

Questions:

1.When i want to play back the sample i press Function + Enter/Yes and the sample plays back from the beginning. But what if i want to play back from the middle or another place? (if i want to preview the end of the sample)

2.Is it possible to set a fade in and fade out?

3.I cant see the waveform as a whole from beginning to end, just a part of it.

1. When in EDIT mode (push “LFO” in the sample editor), use the LEVEL knob to set the “playhead”. Now, function+yes starts playback at the selected position.

2. Yes it is possible. If you want to edit the sample, make sure that you are using a flex machine, since these allow you to perform several editing tasks. In the EDIT menu, you’ll then find “fade in selection” for example. Also, check out the parameters on the AMP page of your playback machine, which offer Attack und Release roughly set fade in and out (also for static machine samples).

3. I’m afraid that when using longer samples, it’s not possible to see it as a whole. Use Knob E to scroll through your material.
    Best regards

3 Likes
  1. When in EDIT mode (push “LFO” in the sample editor), use the LEVEL knob to set the “playhead”. Now, function+yes starts playback at the selected position.

2. Yes it is possible. If you want to edit the sample, make sure that you are using a flex machine, since these allow you to perform several editing tasks. In the EDIT menu, you’ll then find “fade in selection” for example. Also, check out the parameters on the AMP page of your playback machine, which offer Attack und Release roughly set fade in and out (also for static machine samples).

3. I’m afraid that when using longer samples, it’s not possible to see it as a whole. Use Knob E to scroll through your material.
    Best regards[/quote]
    Mission accomplished :joy:
    Thanks. Was not aware of the edting differences between flex and static.
    But now i know :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I didn’t know this .

Is it possible to have a ‘follow playhead’ type functionality? I can zoom in and see where the playhead is, but it would be awesome if the screen followed the playhead. I’m guessing the answer is no

2 Likes

I wonder this too. Could not find out a solution for now just scroll to the actual part by hand :frowning: