At what point do I start to worry .

Hi,
I bought a reverb pedal from a user on this forum 9 days ago but it has failed to arrive.
I’ve contacted them via message on here but there has been no response. I’ve also emailed the email address from the PayPal but still no response.
Foolishly, perhaps, I paid using Friends and Family.
After 9 days, I’m right to be thinking I may have to say goodbye to the money huh?
:roll_eyes:

that’s sad ! could you please tell us who was the seller ?

Yeah, I was considering doing so but I’m hoping there’s a legitimate reason for the delay etc.

1 Like

I’m thinking of possible scenarios where the seller ignores my messages and doesn’t send the item. :roll_eyes:

Tell admin who the seller is.how many messages have you sent. Have they been online since

1 Like

I checked their user details: they haven’t been on here since the day of payment.
Do I use a support request to contact admin?

I’ve sent 2 messages and one email.

1 Like

Flag the sales discussion and we’ll investigate

4 Likes

@avantronica can you help @apmbpm

1 Like

Lol just tagged you

2 Likes

No - Elektron are not in a position to help you, but we’ll see if there’s any clues the seller is operating like a scammer known to us. (plus if there’s suspicion we’ll close other sales listings whilst your case pans out - we may not be able to help, but there have been cases where bad situations turned good and sadly there are cases when it doesn’t)

If you don’t want to flag the sales discussion, flag your opening post above and select (other reason) and give us some details, this way any/all Mod/s can have a look

Sorry for your experience. It’s worth reiterating that you should never use the “friends and family” option to pay anyone other than friends and family. It’s the same as sending cash. You have zero recourse if anything goes wrong.

4 Likes

I’ve flagged the first of the messages that were the conversations that we had about the item.

1 Like

I’ll flag the original post by the user now.

1 Like

We’ll talk to you on those flag threads, so far, looking at what you can see too there’s not a lot to raise suspicions so hopefully this is a bad case of ‘forgot’ - but the lack of communications is worrying. Longer delays have come good, but not that often iirc.

Thanks. My thoughts before buying was that there wasn’t anything particularly suspicious.

1 Like

Was the item sent from a local origin or was it international? In some cases of international delivery it could take up to 14 days to arrive afaik. Also, the 9 days of wait, were they working or calendaristic? Maybe it’s on the way? In any case, it’s good to take safety measures allways… and ask for tracked delivery.

I hope you sort this out! It would be sad not to…

Cheers.
It’s been 6 working days. But I’m holding out hope that it’s all running a little slowly. Typically, I have lots of faith in human nature. :grin: