Arturia teaser for October 18th

Judging by the description, the MiniFreak V VST is more akin to Korg’s opsix/wavestate native plugins than Overbridge.

1 Like

That looks really cool. But I would have preferred it in a more microfreak style. And it’s stereo. Is stereo still worth it in 2022? Aren’t we all just listening on mono bluetooth speakers? And teh Digitakt can only sample in mono (as can my Circuit Tracks) so Stereo is a no-go anyway :wink:

(I am actually happy that it is quite a lot bigger than the microfreak, because it would have been very hard for me not to long for it then. And I really really love the capacitive keyboard of the Micro. But yeah, a really polyphonic Mirofreak with integrated FX is like a dream come true. Although tbh, more voices would be ok for me with still only 1 Filter)

1 Like

it might be filter per voice!

Yes, I know, I just didn’t articulate myself well. I wanted to say that more voices than 4 would be more important to me than the separate filters for me, better to have both though :slight_smile:

Mono lost its focus

4 Likes

this feel like a logical step for the Freak series…
Not gonna purchase one myself, but it seems like an incredible device

2 Likes

It looks like this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/images1000x1000/arturia_231501_minilab_3_compact_midi_1725758.jpg

3 Likes

this might be the pefect controller for DN+DT combo.
4 sliders for DN tracks, 8 endless encoders, 8 pads.

MK2 good too but it doesnt have midi, i hope MK3 has midi!

1 Like

Called it! :slightly_smiling_face: Really cool to see Korg’s experiment catching on. The fact that the plugin has “V” in the name would indicate that it will eventually be included in a future version of the V Collection.

Oh! Now this I’m also pretty interested in - wonder how those faders feel. Needs a black version without the stationwagon sidepanels.

Does look like it has the worlds smallest screen on it though, however I assume it’s not used for much.

Yes, the switch to standard keys is pretty disappointing to me. The capacitive touch keys are my favorite feature of the microfreak, I play it differently than I play my other devices. But, I know that one of the biggest complaints about the microfreak has been the keys, so it makes sense to switch to standard keys from a business perspective.

1 Like

I think @comradecry has the right attitude - as this isn’t a new version of the microfreak, it’s a bigger sibling. Microfreak still exists, the capacitive keybed hasn’t gone anywhere, but Minifreak is a remix on the idea with a keyboard.

So now there are options which is cool!

Am I the only nutter that would quite like a desktop version without any keybed at all?

4 Likes

Can’t wait to hear it sing!

Nope, not the only nutter! :sweat_smile:

But I even wish Microfreak was separated as a desktop (no custom housing) and that keyboard it’s own product with CV in/out.

2 Likes

I’ve not actually used a 0-Ctrl, but does it compare? Admitedly a lot smaller.

0-CTRL is pretty great, but no MIDI out.

It compares, but number of steps/keys and the built in arp/seq plus slice & dice would be great as its own controller. It’s be different enough from 0-Ctrl.

1 Like

That too

It’s a neat idea - they make a bunch of controllers it’s interesting they haven’t done that tbh.

This is fair, I hadn’t considered the options standpoint. I just frequently wished for 37 keys when playing the microfreak. I do wish they had a desktop model as well. It would be an absolute powerhouse for such a small use of space.

1 Like