Arturia teaser for October 18th

Yea to be fair I’d be surprised if it had the matrix

The microfreak is a future classic, gets a lot of love, makes sense that Arturia would want to develop it further!

My guess : emulations of all the Behringer’s emulations in Softsynths

or

5 Likes

Similar footprint to Microfreak but with sampling capability too. Would like that.

G

1 Like

FreakBrute would do it for me. I love the surface of the Freak and there’s so much about it to like but I just don’t like the cleanliness of the sound, for want of a more accurate description. I recently re-bought a Minibrute because I missed how rough and old it can sound. A Freak that could do that would be very interesting (although I’d also like to hear what a Microfreak sounds like through a Brute filter and am tempted to run the audio from a few YT demo videos through it as a very rough tester)

1 Like

a Mini-freak, 3 octave ,dual oscillator, more envelops and matrix, cv points would be nice.

I doubt he would tease a simple midi-controller, this makes me really curious.

1 Like

#vstinstruments

8 Likes

Arturia Surface

MPE capable touch interface

3 Likes

FreakStep - as above but with sequencer built in

whatever it is, i hope it doesnt have eye-piercing leds all over it with no brightness options :cool:

1 Like

Anyway, I won’t be able to afford it.

2 Likes

Cleanliness? Do you have the same Freak as me, because that thing gets seriously nasty!?

I’d rebuy a Microfreak if they’d build me one with a screen larger than a postage stamp. I really enjoyed the sounds and the key surface or whatever you call it but squinting into that screen combined with the absolutely piercing leds everywhere was a quick and convenient recipe for blurred vision so I never used the stupid thing.

1 Like

An ode to French producer Jean Michel Jarre’s Album Rendez Vous with all the gear used on that album in one massive synth in collab with Jean Michel?
Or this controller:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a problematic word and it doesn’t really nail what I mean. I struggled to make it growly and feel like it had dirt in the oscillators, which is a pretty ridiculous way to describe it, especially without the accompanying facial expressions and hand gestures.

1 Like

Had a microfreak but had to sell it when I moved continents. I’d love a desktop module version that saved on space. Unfortunately, I don’t think Arturia do modules.

One thing “logically” missing in Arturia’s lineup is: DrumFreak (digital drum machine).

5 Likes

Thanks for highlighting that tag as it means I can idly tune in to find out about a softsynth that will likely be nice but not essential instead of spending between now and then getting excited about the prospect of an Arturia groovebox which combines a few tracks of Microfreak voices with some sampled drums… of course, if that were to happen…

4 Likes

One can dream.

A microfreak groovebox would be amazing!

And some of those fm and other engines could make some great drum/percussion sounds.

2 Likes