Arturia Polybrute

So if that is a XY pad controller in lower left, and it certainly looks like wood, and as has been observed looks like the Touché. Might it actually be, with Arturia licensing the technology from Expressive E, they’re both French companies, would make a lot of sense for Arturia to do this.

ADDED: Good observations anguslocke — i didn’t see your post, until after I posted mine.

1 Like

the part that confuses me is the little indent on the bottom - looks like a finger indent for lifting up, like a lid.

Totally ambiguous to me—is it something different entirely, something you lift a lid to access? Or could it confirm a Touché-derived design, where underneath the top plate is a slider to set the mechanical tension of the action? (and with a smaller assembly embedded in the synth’s body, maybe they didn’t want the Touché’s design where you lift the whole top plate off from the sides?)

Wood is non-conductive but would allow capacitive control so this all is possible. I agree with you though i would prefer an XY pad that has the feel of the Touché, i know Expressive E worked hard to get the feel of that so good.

If the ribbon controller is in the indent on the wood strip above the keyboard, that would disappoint me a little. The ribbon controller on the Hydrasynth Keyboard is great because it matches the key position on the keyboard and plays in tune with them if you set them up that way, which is so easy to use.

finally, a built-in ashtray!

12 Likes

Is it this one from back in March?

2 Likes

Yes it is mon cher Watson

3 Likes

I put a link to this thread at the bottom of that thread, and you’ve now provided a link from here back to that one. There’s a third thread that talks about this a little too, this all got leaked early. And somebody thinks admin should control this mess.

Aha. Feedback loops aplenty!

2 Likes

Hopefully no one else starts a thread when Arturia actually makes the announcement — (later this week?) Please let’s let this be the running thread from now on.

2 Likes

My insider source tells me the wooden block is a potted succulent stand

7 Likes
16 Likes

OK — So the control pad on the left is very Touché like. Lots of vertical movement. The blob at the bottom of it is lit, and appears to have some special function when you touch it. There is a ribbon controller in the indent of the wood strip above the keys as already surmised. It seems that the keyboard is channel aftertouch only, or at least they didn’t make any presentation in the video of it being p.a.

What’s that wooden panel thing he was pressing down in the vid?

A Touché like controller. A three dimensional controller.

I’m sure Arturia will have a fancy name for it. Whether they licensed the technology, or just “acquired” it is yet to be determined. It may function differently from the Touché as well.

I’m still looking for more press released by Arturia, and the Loopop, et al videos.

1 Like

Looks to me like an XYZ pad, the top surface being a touch pad, and the vertical travel giving a third axis.
vs. the touché where all control comes from physical displacement, and there’s a top/bottom tilting aspect to the vertical travel.

2 Likes

Wwwwow! How much?

Don’t think that info is available yet. Will be interesting comparing it to other poly synths in its price range though. Its the next piece of gear I’m looking to buy

4 Likes

€2,500 damn that’s pricey. I’d rather just buy a prophet or an OB-6