• Sub Osc 1 with variable waveforms
  • Osc 2: AnalogSaw Core with PWM, Sync, and FM
  • Osc 3: Digital
  • 2 and 3 input Digital Ring Modulator
  • 8 Pole Multi-Mode Dual Peak Filter
  • VCA with soft and overdrive distortion
  • 4 ADAHSR Envelopes with variable shape
  • 3 LFO with key-sync and delay
  • Modulation Adders, multipliers, lag, contouring.
  • Full MIDI interface
  • User-selectable CV In and Out
  • 100 user patches and built-in standard patches
  • 32 Knobs and 22 buttons, no menu diving
2 Likes

I like that this is also helping to fund a polyphonic desktop, and keyboard, that Artisan plans to do in the future.

Artisan did hardware in the past, the Ottava, the Trentasette, and Neuro, and they seem to be basing some of the new design on those.

Artisan’s website :

The price may seem expensive, but when you consider this in comparison to the similar Eurorack pieces it’s a good value.

1 Like

So there is 5 days left, and this one looks doomed. They are barely over 20% funded. There is frequently a last minute surge, but it doesn’t look like that will be enough.

We’ll see what they’ll do. This is much farther along than many other crowdfunded projects. I don’t think this is the last we’ll hear of Artisan.

ADDED : It did not reach the goal.

1 Like

Too bad. I had my eye on this one too. I think some more slick marketing videos might have helped, but more importantly, more details re: midi implementation / a user manual. Also, seemingly no email, only communication via BookFace.

2 Likes

I thought the same. They are much better with the electronics and design, than they are with the brand image and business side of things.

But this is an awesome synth, and quite far along in development so i don’t think it is disappearing.

They were only seeking $57K. ( Plus KS takes a cut of this too. ) There are other clean ways to raise that small amount of money, you’d think.

1 Like

Artisan Electronic Instruments is releasing the Nucleus at Knobcon.

And they are announcing a new product the illiad, a four voice keyboard synth.

And they are showing the Polygon a polysynth that uses the technology they have developed for the Nucleus

See the pictures and details at their web-site.

I also reported about this in the Knobcon thread.

You can’t keep a good company down.

Artisan Iliad

4 Likes

That render looks like a nice synth. Can’t wait to see one in the wild so to speak.

Their web-site says this about the illiad :
… prototype to be shown at Knobcon 2022

So it’s less than a month and ( hopefully ) your wish will be granted.

That’s a really jam-packed 37 note synth !

Another render ( an older version ? ) from a different angle :

Does this one need a new thread ?

2 Likes

Looks even cooler in grey with red highlights!

I actually have a older artisan synth, it is tremendous! These guys don’t mess around.

1 Like

Thanks! You’re one of our biggest supporters!
BTW, The Nucleus and Iliad did show at Knobcon! It was an awesome show.
Demos coming soon.

And to those above, …YES, I suck at marketing! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The Nucleus looks insane. Nice work. Very creative and interesting synth. Can’t wait to find out more.

Prototype of the Iliad can be seen in this Sonicstate video

Synths are custom made based on your specifications…

3 Likes

I thought the interview you gave to Sonic State in the video above was some pretty great marketing. Your enthusiasm for your work and your customers speaks volumes.

1 Like

Polyphonic Aftertouch Keyboard option potentially with the Iliad. Yes !

Mike, if Fatar is not readily available with their poly-aftertouch keybed, talk to Medeli ! I’d say contact Glen Darcey at ASM / Medeli, he should be able to help.

Both of these products, and the Iliad with all the custom options, look awesome.