Arranger and tempo

Each time i wanna use the arranger it switches to tempo per project and pressing FN+yes doesn’t change to tempo per pattern.

Is it a bug on recent firmware ?

The only workaround i found is to set tempo in each row of the arranger but it bothers me.

The tempo per pattern was a new function, possible bugs.
Keeping per pattern tempo would make sense.

Does setting tempo only when you need a tempo change work ?

Basically it wants to use the Project tempo (which i never use).

If i set a row like A01 to use per pattern tempo, it’s ok and if add another row A01 it keeps that setting.
If i add a A02 pattern it sets back to project tempo.

Arranger seem to keep the tempo set in the row until you set a different one in a row, isn’t it? (Even with different patterns).

I noticed this too - it seemed to reset to Project tempo and not let me reset to Pattern tempo. Wasn’t entirely sure if a bug cos I haven’t used arranger much before.

You can go back to Pattern tempo with Arranger off.

I can’t see a big problem with that, unless if you set many patterns to different tempi and want to keep original tempi in the Arranger without setting them again.

With Arranger you have to define the tempo at first row, then add new tempo informations if there are tempo changes…

1 Like

Yeah, I think that’s the easy solution that I missed…

1 Like

Something bugging me, as ever it’s probably user error…
Arranger is setting the LENGTH of every pattern to 56 by default, regardless of the actual length of the pattern (none of them are 56 steps).
What am I missing?

Not my fault ! :content:
Didn’t you set a row to 56 ?

To clarify: is the expected behaviour that the Length will use the Length parameter of the pattern? It should always use that value, unless you specify otherwise?
Because for me, I start a new arrangement, I add the patterns, and they’re all set to 56 even though none of them are 56 steps long. So I have to manually reset the length of every pattern :confused:

For the first created ROW it seems to use current pattern length (active pattern before switching arranger mode).

If you’re above a row, the inserted row uses same settings as the previous row (pattern & length, rem, loop, halt…)
Basically it inserts a copy below selected row.

If you’re above END OF ARR., it uses current pattern settings.

It seems odd that it doesn’t by default use the Master length that you’ve chosen for the pattern. Surely that’s what you want most of the time, not the master length of the previous pattern? :thinking:

1 Like

Yep. I wonder if it was the case before Tempo per Pattern update…

From manual :

LN can be used to override the pattern length of the row. The default length is derived from the scale setup settings of the pattern.

:thinking: So it doesn’t behave as precised in the manual ?

1 Like

I think this is still an un-addressed bug! Correct me if I’m wrong, but when in Arranger Mode, one should be able to FUNC + YES to switch to Pattern Tempo?

If it’s not an intended feature, I think it should be (vs. defining tempo in all arrangement rows).

1 Like