Are some of you HAPPY (or don't care) you don't have OB on the OT?

With DT and DN I plugged in OB a couple of times to see what it was all about. Figured I have actual vsts that integrate way better so saved myself from ballache.

Generally track singularly when recording to give parameters of one track my full attention and do so via pre-amps and go straight to audio. Even when using vsts I don’t automate. Just route audio out and tweak on the fly, cut out the best parts and wham. Job done.

For OT I only use it for smashing samples when I’m otherwise creatively clueless and then for remixing tracks I have already made in the box in a live performance setting.

But no. If I want OT on OB I’d probably just buy an apc40.

1 Like

…with no doubt, the option to catch 8 individual liveaction stereo streams on the fly is hardly missing on the ot…

but the ot concept as we know it, came to final thought quite a few years before this was an option to be possible…

so work with waht u got…this ot’s will never see ob…
but a truu ot 2 will have that option for sure…whenever that will be…it will be…

while ob as we know it, will also change a lot soonish…it ended up too complex for plain and solid good will hunting…and will be slimmed down to the real essential good core of idea it was in first place…

2 Likes

Never used it, I’m sure it’s great for folk that do.
Resolutely no computers here.

2 Likes

From what I read, OB is a pain anyway. And if you had 4 stereo outs people would be bitching about not having 8.

2 Likes

Dont need OB on OT.

1 Like

Octatrack was designed to enable spontaneous performance, not to support meticulous recording.

Overbridge is the antithesis of Octatrack.

18 Likes

Exactly this !

1 Like

Very true, and meticulous is a wonderful word.

2 Likes

No OB needed, wanted or other f*%&s given.

3 Likes

That’s why my question is focused on the OT only.

So it appears a consensus emerges that counters the original assumption that everyone wants OB.

1 Like

I don’t want it. The way I use the OT is mostly one or two tracks with flex machines on the and loads of neighbour tracks behind them.

I think its a limitation that feeds creativity, at least in my case.

3 Likes

I wasn’t expecting this.

1 Like

I don’t use OB either :slight_smile:

I just record stereo mains, whichever setup I use

1 Like

Just don’t forget to make a tabletop video about, you sellout.*

(*as requested)

I will, and it will be :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

If you start filming now you can release it in January 2022

Like the Boyhood of Firmware

1 Like

Maths

1 Like

I bought my OT around the time that my computer at the time was starting to die.

I was headed towards ITB land, having just gotten Ableton Live Suite and Max For Live. Then the computer started to act up, so I started looking at hardware.

By the time Elektron introduced OB for devices younger than the OT, I was hardly using Live, other than adding a track or two to my friend’s mix. The computer headphone jack stopped working, then one of the fans. I took it to a repair shop and was told the motherboard was shot.

I don’t care about something that I don’t use nor looks like something I want to use.

1 Like

yeah, but what does everyone think about song mode for the Digi boxes…?