Are some of you HAPPY (or don't care) you don't have OB on the OT?

Yes most want OB on their OT, but did some of you felt it was a shift from Elektron’s genesis. Would 4 stereo outs be better than OT+OB+computer+screen+mouse+keyboard?

2 Likes

I have three Elektron machines that do support OB. I’ve never used it. not even once. my computer is too old to support it. I don’t care at all. but I do love the class compliant audio support from these machines, because it makes recording easier. THAT is what I wish the OT supported. that said… I do have a great sound card. so it’s not the end of the world. the class compliant audio just allows me to create aggregate audio devices so I can use my sound card to record other stuff, while also recording from these machines.

14 Likes

Plugged my AR 2 into overbridge once, seen the latency, removed it and not tried it since.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t say that I am happy because I don’t have OB, I just wouldn’t care if it did. I simply wouldn’t use it as I prefer to run it through a physical mixer with compression and EQ while I’m recording.

5 Likes

That’s true. I think I’ll edit it.

I don’t think about it. I’m happy to do three stems at once out of the OT: one stereo, and two mono out of the cues. When you think about stuff like Bowie records where they recorded that bass with the flange and effects… that shit was committed to tape. It was juuuuuust fine.

Edit:

Or, multiple takes. Fine doing that too

6 Likes

just as a historical note here: Elektron made the OT well before they came out with OB. so it’s not like they intentionally said “let’s leave it out of this one.” it just wasn’t thought of yet, and they haven’t felt the need to re-design the OT to add it. maybe some day though…

2 Likes

“Elektron’s genesis” means to stay away as long as possible from a computer during the creative stage. Adding OB was the shift.

4 Likes

Happy. Dont care.
Dont need overbridge.

The whole point of getting elektron gear for me is to get away from a computer, not closer to it.

13 Likes

Over what? Connected to who? In my days we’d go to the neighbor to rent movies!

3 Likes

I don’t know if this opinion is worth anything but I’ve owned two Elektrons that did have it and I never really cared. It wasn’t ever a selling point.

2 Likes

ive secrewed around with OB with the DT and DN and have seen enough to realize that its pretty fucking cool.
My problem is that i have no experience using a DAW/Abelton currently, and i am currently having a great time using the instruments on their own, run into a Tascam DR-05X.
So, i never really felt pulled in the direction of using OB.
The OT is enough on its own for me. Im not missing OB at all for it.
Im not a #Dawless dingbat, i just dont use them, so OB is kind of a moot point for me.

2 Likes

Same here. I didn’t try/install it, and I have A4 since 5 or 6 years…:content:

1 Like

I’d fall into the “don’t care” category. I honestly never think about it. I suppose I’d be happy enough if they added it but it doesn’t matter to me.

1 Like

Yes.

I agree with this statement.

3 Likes

I’m in the don’t care camp. Never really thought about it.

1 Like

Overbridge in studio one is a cluster fuck pain in the bum. I used it twice with my AR and couldn’t stand it. I just opted to using samples drums and impact instead.

So no.

1 Like

I’m not complaining about OB. I love using the AH with OB for mix downs. I just don’t see the up side of trying to using OB with the OT.

1 Like

Don’t want OB on OT, never did, never will.

2 Likes

For a brief period I used overbridge with my AR MK1. It was unusable: the latency was incredible, only a part of the tracks could be recorded through it and without effects. If I want to record my tracks into the DAW (I use Logic) I prefer L/R.

1 Like