Are slices saved in a part, or a pattern

Ah… I thought that saving the part would save the associated samples and their attributes as well… That save and recall process is a bit unclear to me yet. I think I’ll need to browse the forum a bit more then.

Projects are autosaved, including banks with their parts / patterns. Saving the project creates backup files you can reload.

Saving part is usefull only if you want to recall them after tweaking.

Trim / Slices / Attributes are autosaved with project settings (slots). You can save your sample settings if you want to use them like this later.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s perfectly clear… 3 phrases that should have been in the printed “Getting Started” booklet. Weird enough, this crucial information is completely omitted. It’s certainly somewhere in the Big Manual, scattered all over the place… but well, “How Do I Save My Work” is a primary concern for anyone that just gets started with a new tool, isn’t it :wink:

2 Likes

Writing good and useful manuals is an art form not every company has mastered yet :wink:

1 Like

(This thread was linked by a current one to explain my 2 month later post :slight_smile:)

Sliced buffers used to remain after power cycle up until 1.25E. After that it was broken and on 1.25H you get left with one slice of no length which really messes things up as if there are no slices OT will revert to using start points instead even in slice mode, with the zero length slice nothing will play. Start points are great though for buffer slices as they change dynamically with sample length allowing you to change bpm after recording, re-record, and still have results in time with the new bpm. Using slices they’re lenght doesn’t stretch with tempo changes and you get strange results with the above scenario…

Supposedly this was fixed in 1.30b but I haven’t heard any reports that it actually was, from release notes:

I’ve never tried to save them to a buffer, prefer start points for buffers in any case.

3 Likes

Is it possible to acess a specific state of slicing information from a sample in one project in an other project? If so how would i do that ? Thx!! =D