Are IsoAcoustics stands worth it?

I came across these while looking for ways to reduce the desk footprint of my monitor speakers a bit - right now I have them on cheap foam pads, on top of some small hi fi speakers (which I use to get the speakers to the right height). Due to the way everything is laid out, I can’t use floor stands, and every centimetre counts on the desk!

I was looking at the Gear4Music desktop stands initially but they advised that my speakers are too large for them (Event 2020 v3).

My question is whether the IsoAcoustics stands actually make a noticeable difference to sound quality vs foam pads? They look like they’d free up some space, but they are quite expensive (I think I’d need the ISO200 model due to the size of my speakers), so I’m somewhat on the fence!

Reviving this topic, as I’m curious if anyone cares to share their opinion on the IsoAcoustics stands. I’m considering picking some up, but they are a bit pricey for what they are. Anyone using them and feel like they improve the clarity of their monitors?

I’ve had mine for 3-ish years. I’m not audiophile enough to know the difference i think, but i also got them the same time i got my newer monitors so don’t really have a reference point either. I’m happy :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Good to know. What monitors are you using them with?

Dynaudio Lyd 5 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have not used the stand but the pucks are really good

1 Like

The pucks don’t have the ability to angle up your monitors, correct? I was hoping to tilt mine so they are at a better angle.

The main thing I noticed is that when I had a hollow desk (Ikea) and bigger monitors, they did manage to reduce the resonance felt through it.
There was less resonance with JBL 305p on those stands than Genelec 8010A on their isopods (much smaller speakers) on that desk. So it did do something.

But other than allowing for better positioning (height/angle), I can’t say I noticed any impact on sound quality. The money would be far better put towards better monitors.

I doubt a lot of the product claims really.
If you are playing something loud through your monitors, can you even feel them vibrating if you put a finger on the case?
My subwoofer barely moves, let alone my monitors.

The aluminum stands certainly look nicer than foam blocks do on a desk, but it’s a lot of money to spend for that.
I’ll add that I did not like how monitors looked when the stands are in the ‘tall’ position using the longer poles supplied (I think it’s only the plastic stands which include those).

1 Like

I personally did a DIY decoupling, used the same rubber material that you would put under a washing machine - its still somewhat easy to cut, put that under the subwoofer. I would do the same to a monitor stand. If the aesthetics are your thing - maybe thats a case, but i am more from the practical side.

1 Like

I did something similar. Sheets of neoprene are easy to cut to size. Can be bought in black and grey which helps blend. I immediately heard and felt the difference with a few layers under my old Mackie HR824 pair

1 Like

The main thing I need is the better positioning. My monitors aren’t angled up at me anymore with my new desk situation. I’m less concerned about the acoustic claims, but of course, if it helps with that, that’s all the better. There are a lot of monitor stands out there that do allow you to change the angle but very few that you can actually customize what that angle is. So that’s really why I’m considering the IsoAcoustics. But I agree, its a lot of money to spend on something that is mostly just a stand. I don’t have any interest in upgrading my monitors either way, as I’m very used to them (I also have the JBL 305’s, love them).

Honestly still torn. If they were 50% of the cost, I would have bought them by now but spending over $120 for stands is kinda tough.