AR2 stops playing if using transpose or "next seq / sudden" on MPC live2

MPC as master, using “transpose track”, or “next seq / sudden” causes AR2 to stop playing…Digitakt is not affected…any thought?

thank you

Sounds like the MPC is sending a midi message, no? Does it happen straight away? Hook her up to a computer and monitor the output.

2 Likes

yes, i thought so, but only happens with AR2, not Digitakt…i did not see midi activity on my motu midi box, but will def try midi monitor…thank you

How exactly? Does the sequencer stop or just no sound? The sequencer can only stop when it receives a transport message. The sound on the other hand can be silenced by various CC messages like mutes, volume to 0, filter completely closed etc. pp.

2 Likes

sequencer stops…and yes, i am trying to figure out how the “transpose track” or “next seq / sudden” could send a stop message to only the AR2, and not digitakt

Did you find any solution ? The same happens to me randomly, while the DT and DN are style playing. I’m also connected to a Motu midi express…

sorry, just saw this… yes, I missed an update (which I then installed) , and then I did factory reset, and so far no issues…saved all my projects and sounds; and then reloaded them…and up and running