AR will not connect to Overbridge

I just recently updated my Mac OS from El Capitan to Sierra (10.12) last night. Overbridge and my AR have been working well for ages before that.

I also was uploading a few samples via CS6 into my AR last night just before I upgraded my Mac OS.

After that was done I reenabled Overbridge Mode in my AR and it refuses to connect to my Macbook Pro. If I change my USB configuration to “USB-Midi” it is visible via CS6. I just did an OS update to be sure into my AR without any luck.

I have switched cables and ports with out any luck.

I have done like 30 restarts of both my Mac and AR. Nothing.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

thanks

1 Like

Hello BUT did you notice that Overbridge is not compatible YET with MacOS Sierra :slight_smile:
It will learn you to never update OS without verifying if it’s compatible before to make the JUMP. Now you will have to WAIT or REVERT BACK to ELCAP

2 Likes

Shit William! I just saw it on another thread.

Thanks for the heads up. That sucks however!!!

1 Like

Never, ever, update OSX unless your life depends on it. Apple screws everyone over every time they update their OS. I have witnessed this happening every time since OSX started to exist. Pretty sure Apple intentionally changes their codebase on the version updates too, in order to keep devs paying up for the latest devkits and endlessly supporting old code by making it run thru Apples’ latest hoops.

I was kind of forced too. Have been having a re-occurring nightmare with an external Samsung SSD that constantly keeps ejecting itself. It was an OS issue apparently. Now that seems to be resolved but alas with a whole new set of problems.

as switchbox said in the other thread, there is a workaround, i just tried it and it works well so far: Overbridge in macOS Sierra

2 Likes

It’s strange because SIP is introduce on EL CAPITAN so i have today difficulties to understand why turn that OFF make things working… as SIP is enabled on ElCap and Overbridge working with SIP activated. Just have that in mind when reading this. it’s kind of strange.

UAD just working fine too on ElCap with SIP activated

NB : SIP is another layer of protection against malware so if your music computer is also your internet computer… you should deactivate SIP on a daily basis. Switch ON when browsing on internet, install software etc… Switch OFF when Music making. (Advise for now until everyone is ready for Sierra)

As Tsutek says… NEVER update without checking compatibility with your existing setup unless absolutely necessary.

Ive learned to be patient - by the time the update for overbridge and my UAD Apollo are out, should also have a newer Sierra update that irons out bugs.