AR not detected by Transfer if in OB Mode

OS 1.46B on the RYTM.
I have to disable the overbridge mode on the AR (MKI)in order to have Transfer detecting the AR input and output, when OB mode is enabled, Transfer only detects the AR In.

Not really a big deal, just curious if other users have similar experiences.
Win 10 64 Bit
AR MK I
OB latest beta
OS 1.46B on the AR

yep. same setup here. and same behaviour. also came up on the forum occasionaly, that connecting to transfer fails, my common suggestion: try with overbridge mode off

I read somewhere on the forum that the transfer app doesn’t work with OS v1.46B on the Rytm. I can’t remember exactly where it was posted, so you will have to scan the forum to verify that. I too have a Rytm mk1, so I looked this up a while back and that’s what I found out. I think you might need the next non BETA OS before v1.46B to use the transfer app with it.

Personally I am only transferring samples that I have tailored specially to blend and tweak with the AR’s internal synth engine, so I am only transferring a handful of samples at the most in one go per project. I am in no rush to transfer large batches of samples in one go, so I will just wait until an OS that is compatible with the transfer app (or visa versa) is released rather than reverting to an earlier OS and I am not to sure whether or not reverting to an earlier OS would be safe anyway.

No.

Transfer doesn’t work when your machine is set to Overbridge mode. That is common to all Elektron devices supporting Overbridge and isn’t OS version related.

Update: Mid 2020 Overbridge mode and Transfer became compatible.

1 Like

Sorry, I meant the Elektron USB transfer. That is OS related, I tried connecting it with OS 1.46B and it didn’t work. Found out I would have to downgrade to the none Beta versions of the software and OS to use it. Not something that’s going to make a big difference transferring a few samples. Might be useful to some who wants to transfer large batches of samples though.

This is true for me with an-up-to-date system as of today (May 12th 2020).

Cylinder-style Mac Pro connected via an Overhub. MacOS 10.15.4.

I have to disable Overbridge on the Rytm.

False. Transfer (latest OS) does work with my AR mk2 (latest OS) even if I’m in OB mode.

@Purusha, do you have a MK1 Rytm or MK2 ?

Interesting. My guess is Purusha has a MK1

Do you guys experience a flawless OverBridge with your AR ?

I have the lastest OS on all my gear (AR mk2) and sometimes when I change the pattern / kit the kits get mixed up in OB but not on the AR (like if only OB has trouble following the pattern / kit change on the AR).

Could it be a latency issue?

Also, I keep having the message in the info box in lower left corner:

« Synchronizing with the device. Please wait, this may take a short while. »

AR is plugged directly into the computer…

Mk1.

I’ve pretty-much given up on Overbridge. Too much latency. Straight into my mixer or audio inputs now, for most jobs.

Ok thank you ! I probably didn’t state the obvious in that my computer is a tad old for running smoothly OB…

Go Audio !

Works for me with the latest Rytm OS 1.60A and Transfer App 1.2.2.9…

Overbridge on the other side is horrible though. As described above: not updating sounds in the sound browser, laggy, sometimes working flawlessly, other times not all, behaving strange… @acretelaf: any changes on your sides, or did you abandon OB after all?