AR MKII bugs, avoiding them & freezes

Hi.

first I am working with Analog-Rytm_MKII_OS1.46_BETA1 & Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.9.16_Beta, clean windows ten and live 9.5.

I like to talk about all bugs with AR MKII.

FREEZES: Yesterday I ve have had some freezes, standalone with the machine.
But after I switch to USB-MIDI-Only I guess freezes are less.
If the machine is cold, no freezes.

BUG: While building in a pattern, freezing. After that all trig locks and some sound editings are lost, after new power on. Before that after a freeze and a new start,
sound editings and trig locks were not lost, all was automatically there, after new powering, I felt. But I must say for this freeze meanwhile I save (only) kits,
so some sounds were rescued. I thought patterns not to save extra - I am not clear at this point.
Since my lost, so often I can, save kit, save pattern and from time to time save project. Then after freezes all is like your last safe !

Together with ableton 9, AR MKII via overbridge and as vst - no problem till now.
Multitrack recording, in live 9 - no problem. Thanks to elektron !!
By the way - is there a funtion to change bit rate, if I record with elektron software ?

Yesterday I try to record AR MKII with AUDACITY, cause I like to change the bit rate before recording, an AUDACITY is fast opened and esy to handle for simple recording things, but since the new overbridge - no way.

Update 28.01.2019: Thanks for all answers, for the tipp to samplerate too. Had written to E - wait for the next Overbridge update.

I strongly recommend that you create a support ticket on Elektron’s website so that they can help you with these problems.

1 Like

A beta is not stabile, when you install a beta should expect problems and unstable behavior.

If you want to help elektron you should send in a support ticket with information about what happened.

(This forum is not the place.)

1 Like

The Elektron devices run internally on a fixed native bit rate and hand their audio streams over to the computer as-is (no down or upsampling on the external device). IMHO it’s a bad idea to try to change this bit rate, because this has to be done on-the-fly on the computer. With many incoming audio streams this may easily lead to performance and/or stability issues.

1 Like

Freezes are not limited to the latest BETA OS, sadly :frowning:

That sucks.

1 Like

Indeed, there is already a long thread about it. Mine also freezes sometimes, but since I think that it is Software related I will wait for an update…

My AR MKII also freezes with no alternative other than shutting it down
Did not experience that before the OB update.
Will also send in a support ticket

I had my first freeze on the 3rd week of owning it (December 18th), and then 2 freezes within an hour lastweek (January 19th), after having updated to the beta a day or two prior. These were with the USB cable plugged into a computer that was turned off.

A support ticket was created but no one has responded yet. I tried disabling OB Mode and haven’t had any freezes since.

im also experiencing weekly freezes on my AR (also in standalone mode) since the OB update :frowning:
i submitted a ticket (3 or 4 weeks ago) but didn’t got any response yet. is this behaviour normal for elektron or did something got screwed up? (this was the first ticket i ever submitted, hence the question)…

can you see your submitted tickets in your elektron account if youre in the “support tickets” menu or is there only the option to create new ones?

It was possible before they started migrating their system. I wonder if it will be back again.

thank you for answering! @tnussb
so how i described the support ticket menu is how it should be, right?

do you know something about the average ticket reply time? :thinking:
should i submit the ticket again?

Hard to tell what the average is, but my (awesome sum of two) tickets got replied to within 1-2 working days.

3-4 weeks is definitely too long. I would submit a ticket again.

1 Like

thanks a lot for your input!