AR MKII & Ableton w/ Overbridge - Separate Track Records

Hey Guys,

I’ve been managing to record from the AR into Ableton with (12) tracks via OB. However it seems that its impossible to make sure that each pad is actually assigned to 1 track.

For example:
Channel 1 & 2 Always appear to be the same in Ableton

Whereas I’d actually like Channel 1 & 2 to be the BD and SD Channels separately. It appears that its either a mash of AR Channels or both BD and SD.

Is there some output setting im not getting?

Thanks for your help.

The Choke groups will be on the same Audio Track. You can have 10 Audio Tracks if you include the AR Inputs and FX’s. Here’s a Template of the AR Audio Tracks (in white). BD and SD are on separate Audio Tracks. The first Track is the Plugin MIDI Track (in black).

Wow, thanks man it worst perfectly! Thanks dude so helpful!

1 Like

Perhaps I spoke to soon.

So I did manage to map the correct tracks to appropriate channels. However I realized my version doesn’t look like picture above. I can map the Channel but i dont get Stereo or the Channel descriptions in ‘Audio From’ as you see in the image.

This because im not actually using the VST Plugin, just Going to Preferences > Audio > Driver Type > Analog Rytm and then mapping EXT. In Chanel 1,2,3 etc.

So the real problem is VST Appearing in Abelton.

OB Version: 10.60.2
Ableton Version 11.0.2
System: Window 10

Ive done some searching about setting the actual location of the VST files. They are originally installed in /steinberg, Made duplicate copies moved them to C:/VST (set Customer VST Folders in ableton) but to no luck.

So trouble shooting here would be:

• How do you get the VST Plug in to be recognized by Ableton.
  • Can Ableton work with OB with Custom VST folders?
  • Has anyone else had this issue with Ableton 11 and OB?

Thanks guys.

Did you Rescan your Custom folder or Restart Ableton Live?

Do you have the AR in OB mode?

Yeah, AR set to OB mode.

Re scanned folders and restarted. No luck.

Downloading 11.0.5 of Ableton now, seeing if that makes a difference.

Did you take the Elektron 32-bit or 64-bit folder?

Yeah I got both folders.

So C:/VST/Elektron 32-Bit & C:/VST/Elektron 64-Bit, then map both custom folders in Ableton, rescan, restart.

But nothing. Good questions however, appreciated.

It should be straight forward. You should find them here :

But I’m working with Live 10 and don’t know if the arborescence has change.

Yeah totally. I think this is risky part you take when you get the latest version of anything when it comes to DAW/Interface/Peripherals.

Hopefully I’ll get this resolved. Will update for other - i’m sure I wont be the only one.

Thanks again.

Okay Guys: All Resolved *************

Step 1) Disable Antivirus on install for OB
Step 2) Don’t get confused between the 32-bit and 64bit folder allocation for VST2 and VST3.

So I set the Plug-in Sources as:

VST2: C:/Program Files/Steinberg/Vstplugins/Elektron (64Bit)
VST3: C:/Program Files(x86)/Steinberg/Vstplugins/Elektron (32Bit)

My Mistake was confusing Program Files (thinking 32 bit) & Program Files(x86) (thinking 64 bit). When it was the other way around.

Note I’ve tested and the VST3 doesn’t actually function for either .dll file.

Anyhow thanks guys, I hope this helps others too. Don’t be so absent minded as me!

1 Like