AR MKI / C6 Kit backup issues

Hey guys,

After 18 months of living dangerously, I have decided to backup all of my Rytm projects using C6, though I am having an issue with kits not loading after transferring back.

Process: I am sending “Whole projects” through C6. All seems to go well, file info gives me the number of kits in the project. As a way to test if it has worked properly, I start a new project, go to sysex receive and bring the saved project in to this new project. Everything seems to load except my kits (i.e. my patterns are played by the default AR kit).

C6 is giving me correct numbers for number of kits in my project, so I am guessing the problem is when I’m transferring it back to a new project. It is also worth noting that I have created a duplicate project, deleted all data except for the kits, and loaded the save from C6. When I do this the project loads perfectly, though I’m sure its not loading kit info from sysex. The idea is to be able to delete projects off the machine to make space, so leaving the project on the + drive just so I can load kits is not an option.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Dan

Hi, Did you find a solution for this?

I’m having issues with saving ‘whole projects’ as well.

after transfer is complete and I check the ‘file info’ at the bottom of the sysex page, it says ‘4 kits’, when I have 6 kits in this particular project and up to 128 total?

Any thoughts appreciated.