AR MK 2 vs Octatrack MK2

Hi. I have both. I like my Octatrack which is the first hardware equipment I bought.
It is really simple to use but I would have had the possibility to use Overbridge or to render each track separatly as it is possible on Pioneer Toraiz SP16.

AR is nice but I have not 2 fx per tracks and less lfo. I would have the possibility to have at least one reverb per track.

Now, I mostly use my Octatrack for drums and Erica Synth db 01. I bought an AR MK2 (second time after selling the first one one year before). My problem is that I like to finish each drum track in the Octatrack but I have no possibilitiy to record each track simultaneously. With the AR MK2, I can record each track but fx are summed in the fx track. I would record each track simultaneously with fx included in their respective track and have the possibility to mix all the track later. Is there a solution ?

I already tried different other equipment Samplers. I also have

• Akai Force
  • Toraiz SP 16

But my favorite one is the Octatrack.
Is creating a “drum tracks arrangement” in the Octatrack and record each track separately in Live. Then play each long sample track as static track in the OT and improvise with Erica Synth DB01 the solution ?

1 Like

if you have enough memory, resample internally in the record buffers on octatrack and then move the loops over to your computer over USB

I have both as well and bought the OT first. Like apples and oranges really. I mean both can do drums but the OT is fantastic for sampling stuff and chopping it up in beats. Yes, Rytm MK2 can do sampling but not to the same level as OT. But for finger drumming pure drum machine, I really love my Rytm!