AR do not transmit program change via out Thru?

Can AR transmit pattern change via MIDI thru?
i can’t set this up.

Only if it gets you program change via midi in, I believe. So I guess you could do some midi loop-back (sending the midi out to midi in), but that would defeat the purpose I presume.

1 Like

arrrrg!
have to buy a new merger :frowning:

Unfortunately yes. I’m using the Blokas Midihub for this purpose myself. If it would be possible to configure the Syntakt to send everything on the out port, I wouldn’t have to :man_shrugging: You can always write a feature request to @Elektron, but considering how long it has been like this and how many that have wished for it too be different before, I don’t see them changing it.

Thru, in any device, only passes what’s seen at MIDI in, per MIDI spec, so this is expected behaviour. Some devices have an internal merge feature but it’s not that common, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Are you hoping to use THRU as a second OUT?

no,
the set up:
OXI ONE > AR in > AR Thru out > A4 in
but problem is that as AR do not transmit pattern change via Thru port i need a merger to do this
OXI ONE > AR in > AR Thru out + AR out > A4 in

what if you do AR out > OXI in > OXI out > AR in > AR trhu > A4 in? that way maybe the PC would be routed through OXI ONE and might go out from Thru as well?

same result because AR MIDI thru do not transmit pattern change to A4 MIDI in

ah, I thought maybe OXI can merge and then it should come out of Thru with the PC message…

Are you changing Pattern on the AR, instead of the OXI?

Why are you not just using the MIDI out?

my guess is because the OXI ONE sequences the A4 and it does not come out from Out, only from Thru

1 Like

Apparently I am not braining today :sweat_smile:

1 Like

But you did send the program change from the Oxi ? Not from the Rytm itself? I.e. the oxi has to send the pattern change - it wont work if you just switch the pattern on the rytm.

I think you can also change A4 program with a Midi Map in the A4 - so it switches when it recieves a certain midi message (note /CC) The program change has to be send short before you want the actual change to happen.
In Hapax, there is a setting for that. But you could also send it via a certain step if the oxi allows this. (consider also master length of your A4 setting.)

yes on the AR i find it more convenient

Ok.

What’s the OXI doing in the setup?

(It seems like you have two “controller” devices, so you need a MIDI Merger.)

OXI is creating interesting midi pattern i can record in A4 and AR.
i do not use to create big project just to give me some ideas

Got it. So you want to send MIDI from Oxi to both Analogs, and also send MIDI from one Analog to the other.

Like others suggested, you will need a merger for this.