AR, Digitakt stuttering

Does anybody know of a way to send cc’s or whatever it is to rhythmically make the AR/ DT etc stutter?, i.e, holding the stop button and reperatedly pressing play/start or any other good method of acheiving this, like a retrigger all.

Probaly be of little help to you, but you can do this with the touch strip on keystep pro, note division length stutter effect type repeats. picks back up with the beat too when you release it.

ie hold for 2 bars and release, it will be right in sync with where it should be timewise. Maybe other arturia products can do this, have not verified though.

Thanks, I was just wondering what is the midi message for this and if it’s possible to send it with the DT or put it into trigs. I know it’s probably not a cc but what is it?

A stop held and a repeated start message.

I’m just guessing but it’s probably related to transport control which for my memory isn’t a cc and can’t be cc’d on elektron stuff? I’ll try and verify real quick though, hold pls.

Thanks for your trouble. It would be great to find a way to program the DT/AR to do something similar to what the KO2 can do.

1 Like

no worries and yes that would be dope. Maybe with a fill? hold on though still lookin

1 Like

Ok, it’s a little convoluted so I’m going to ask you to scan the thread yourself rather than attempt to translate the bulk of the posts into one paragraph, but it appears there may be a workaround. It’s still going to involve external gear though so I don’t know what you still have after your purge but see if something in here helps and if not I’ll keep digging.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s another of those times I wish I still had my old Atari ST with Cubase, It might be possible to set up a solution with that using the input transformer. I have Cubase 5 but after more than a decade of using it I still only use a fraction of its functions.

1 Like

with AR if you set RTRG to ALWAYS ON on every track and fast rate you can just trigger all the pads from the [PLAY] menu, or by holding trigs when not in record mode

I thought about that but it’s not quite the same effect, I’m thinking more like short cycles on a looper type effect. Not sure how you would trigger all pads at once for that either, my bad.

it’s easier if you hold down trigs, the RTRG rate goes up to 1/80 if I’m not mistaken which is almost audible rate, just make sure you’re not in REC mode and lay down your palm on the trigs to grab as many as possible, otherwise maybe it can be done with a midi controller and a midihub with lfo to transport or something

1 Like

I know there are other workarounds to this. I’m just stuck on the idea of sending stop start messages and somehow programming them into a sequencer. Seems it’s not as easy as I’d hoped.

1 Like

just looking at the midihub editor, they have NOTE REPEATER option, which probably can be piped to every note on press of a midi controller, they don’t have transport but with NOTE REPEATER you can probably do same thing as RTRG with a single midi key

1 Like