AR Bugs thread

Sorry to hear that. I haven’t had my AR2 fail during a gig, but it is def in the back of my mind. Sucks to have to worry about that sort of thing. Did it reboot back up?

1 Like

It continued to play but stopped responding. I kept the DT playing, and restarted the AR. It was synced, and playing after startup luckily.

1 Like

MK1 or 2?
My MK1 froze last week. It’s probably about the 4th or 5th time in almost 5 years of having it so it’s pretty rare but does happen, last time was several years ago. I was sending it a really fast arp from OT but only to one track, don’t know if that was the culprit. The UI stopped responding but I could still stop and start it from OT… :thinking: Power cycle and everything was fine…

MK1. Exactly. Rare, but seems to be at the most inopportune times lol

1 Like

not sure this one has been mentioned already and has to be considered a bug (searched the thread but nothing related comes up)
on a MKI running OS 1.31, p-locking parameters for a sound locked trig in the TRIG page doesn’t seem to work properly

• changing the note value takes the parameter to -60 (only if the value hasn’t been changed already)
  • velocity and length are set with low values (not starting from the locked sound ones)
  • trig condition is always 8:8
2 Likes

Good catch - this is very broken - even on the MK2

it’s possible to live record Soundlocks or plock them and there appears to be subtleties, but the trend is that both are broken and seemingly arbitrary values are assigned, some of which can’t be edited retrospectively - the TRC starts high but can be dialled back - definitely not intended behaviour

This needs to be reported as confirmed @guga

changing and loading samples is slowing down everything to the point it almost freezes for me at the moment

found a little something the other night: with the AR synced to the OT, when i stopped the sequencer on the OT, the AR kept playing a pattern but showing the pause symbol on the display, tried few times but was not able to reproduce it though so not sure what caused it, MKI - OS 1.31; this may or may not apply to the new models/OS

also noticed that lately i can smell the PCB flavour coming from the machine more, both from the top (pads side) and the side vents…got to be somewhat distant from the machine as it’s actually strong :confused:
had a look inside but things looked ok apparently, main PCB was getting hot with the machine on but i would say at a normal level. anyone else or is it just me? :thinking:

1 Like

tried to reproduce the one above and apparently it is something that happens when:

• direct jump is active
  • changing pattern soon after stop message is sent from OT

as i’ve not seen this mentioned elsewhere, it probably doesn’t happen too often/not many have come across it/doesn’t create much of a problem; thought i would report it anyway :slight_smile:

I’ve done a search on this and not found anything, apologies if it’s a known issue.

Today on a certain pattern/kit I wasn’t able to prevent sounds being sent to the main outs. I made a new global slot setting, didn’t work. Different pattern, different kit, it was ok.

It’s not down to FX sends (ie hearing the FX on the mains). I had my kick with no delay or reverb that I was not able to prevent from sounding on the main outs.

Anyone experienced this?

Hi all, new here, as I finally swapped my MPC4000 for an Analog Rytm MK2, loving it so far!

I do have a question with regards to the start point settings and recording of pad play with start points greater than 0. On my machine it seems the start point is not always observed correctly, and sometime the AR jumps to a point before the set start point, so sample length is not always the the same. and this is recorded into the sequencer as well, is this me, or a bug?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2OAHqIq9BiI

I think that’s possibly due to envelope retrigger mode which I think is located on the Trig page. Not sure if this is what it is but the envelope behaviour is legato by default I think and so doesn’t behave as you’d expect. In the past that had me scratching my head when I first got mine a few years ago. I suppose one way to determine if it’s that is to make the amp envelope release time zero.

Take this with a pinch of salt, I don’t use samples very often on mine so it could be something else.

Ah thanks, tried that, I have setting for env on zero release, same for attack, and the shortest hold time allowed to make sure the envelope doesn’t exceed the chosen length between start-end points, but not much luck so far. Can’t see any options on trigger page to change env behaviour (other than for filter reset), the search continues…

Just looked to see where it is and there is a specific setting for retriggering the sample SMP

Isn’t that just triggering rather than retriggering? with SMP off the sample doesn’t trigger at all

Ok, no idea what i just did, but now it works fine, as expected…, annoying I have no idea why, perhaps I had some trigger locks on the track, though couldn’t see any.

Thanks for your help though Kosmology!

1 Like

Well, i ran a calibration, but thought that was only for analogue part…

Glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Encountered a glitch where the sample and it’s settings from a particular kit/pattern take effect are played whenever the track is triggered, regardless of which kit or pattern is active.

Anyone ever seen this?

I turned the filter cutoff on track 3 and then noticed the trigs didn’t play anymore. Checked if I had live rec on, no live rec, held the trig down to check for locks. All parameters except trig page locked to 0.

A bit weird, isn’t it?

I think I’m on 1.61B.