AR audio pool (not sample slots) question

When you hold down a trig a trig in record mode and turn the track level knob it comes up with TRACK SOUND and then an empty (for me) list. I’m familiar with A4/DT/OT but fairly new to AR2 and have only just noticed this as I’ve not needed it before. Usually on the other devices there is an audio pool somewhere that you added samples to. I seem to have missed this in the AR as the project samples list cannot be the same thing as its not showing in this place list.
Can someone shed a light on this for me?

The sound pool operates exactly as per A4 with the exception that some sounds will not be applicable to certain tracks

You create a sound and save it to the project pool or copy it from the +Drive into the project pool - the AR will assist with which tracks are applicable for sounds and when they’re not

If you create a sound pool sound using the noise machine e.g. it will be applicable on all tracks

Samples are entirely separate from this discussion, this is about sounds which may or may not utilise samples

1 Like

ah right. I think its because im mainly using samples and not saving many ‘sounds’ that im not seeing it. ill look into it later. might be handy for noise fills. :smiley:

Create a vanilla sound using a noise machine (or impulse or ground) - dial out the synth sound, dial up the sample sound, then load/save 128 samples into soundpool sounds and you’ll instantly have access to these 128 sounds on top of any kits you create across the whole project - the soundpool concept is great, but it probably depends on how individuals like to work - it’s even better on the A4 as you can use it in conjunction with multimap to create kits across a keyboard or whatever works for you

it’s powerful and can be live recorded, ideal for go-to sounds or sounds you use occasionally that you don’t need in a kit all the time

there may be ram implications to doing this btw - so keep that in mind or stick with small samples for the pool