AR as External Sequencer (sonuus g2m)?

thanks!
Nord Drum for my A4’s CV it is, then.

Update: I had mixed results during an insomnia test sessions.
You can change the length of the note triggered.
Depending the sample that you have you ave general good result or not. There is definitively a sweet spot to find.
Sequence with close trig to each other are obviously the most delicate to setup.
The range of variation is limited in octave.

All that need more investiguation an experimentation…

1 Like

I’ve read that the G2M gets a bit of added latency when using lower octaves.

Perhaps using higher octave samples while tuning your bass synth’s OSCs down to compensate will help with that.

Also, if not layering the pilot sound/sample through the main outputs, perhaps loading a guitar sample would give good results, as the system is designed to discern from a guitar sound.

They do make a Bass version “B2M”, could be better for… well… bass.

One last thing to consider… the G2M is designed for high impedance (10MΩ) instrument input, and the Rytm’s voice outputs are sending 440Ω. There could be some loss in note conversion due to the impedance difference. Unfortunately, reamping devices start at around $70. At the very least, experimenting with lower output level on voice output could improve conversion.

1 Like

I don’t have an iPhone anymore, but regardless, I think the MIDI sequencer in my Monomachine is fantastic. It’s stable, easy-to-use, and more or less free, when you think about it. Being able to p-lock program changes is a slick feature and hey, you don’t even need any further gear (no iPhone means less cables, less to go wrong on stage, etc).
How is it a “fault”?

Hello

I’ve craved for midi out on the RYTM forever.
It was possible all along : http://www.sonuus.com/products_g2m.html

Use for example a simple waveform on a track (or experiment with other sources). Send it out individually to the g2m
Watch it convert pitch, velocity and length to midi. amazing !
Plus it is battery powered so it acts as a simple audio to midi cable converter. awesome !

On a side note i’ve been complaining since day 1 about the lack of midi on the RYTM.
Now that i actually have a midi sequencer with the DT, i end up either using one channel for experimental purposes or not using it at all.

In retrospect i’m glad Elektron didn’t spend any ressources on midi for RYTM. I guess they know what i want more than i do haha
I feel like a jerk. Sorry Elektron, i love you !

Edit: there is also a pitch to midi usb converter.
Where have these things been all my life

Edit 2 : oops haven’t seen this thread ! my bad

1 Like

I love this forums tendancy to find solutions to shared issues.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like