AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

But you wouldn’t be losing that ability, it would still work the same as it currently does except that every pattern you make will have its settings saved to one of the 128 slots for recall later. There are 128 patterns per project and 128 kit memory slots per project yet these are not automatically linked… why not? Looks like they didn’t finish programming the firmware to me.

Because they decided that on these devices the default would be that new patterns use the same kit as the last edited pattern. It’s symmetrical in design to having Song mode.

The Digi way makes more sense on the Digi because it doesn’t have Song mode.

2 Likes

I would like DT to have kits. I would like kits and patterns to be “softly aligned” - i.e. when opening the kit list while being on pattern C10, it would be visually indicated that corresponding aligned kit is kit 43. That’s all, otherwise everything would stay as it is now, just show me the corresponding slot in case I want to have patterns and kits aligned. Doing the matching between patterns and kits manually hurts my brain :thinking:

3 Likes

quantized live note retrig please

6 Likes

this is exactly the thing I’d like to see on the A4

It’s at the opposite end one the digitakt and is much better IMO

2 Likes

Having the option to automatically create a copy of the kit for each new pattern would be ideal. I can see how users would want it each way. For me personally, part of creating a new variation of a pattern usually involves tweaking some drum synth parameters which I don’t want changed on the previous pattern(s). For that reason, creating a new kit for each copied pattern would be ideal. It could be done by simply copying the kit and adding 01,02,03, etc after it, which is essentially what I do manually anyway.

4 Likes

Separate envelopes for Synth and Samples (crossfades etc), and extra LFO as per Digitakt update, better sample looping like end addition (same as the Digitakt), sample beat slicing, slice per chromatic pad

3 Likes

TIMESTRETCH! FFS… we know it can be done. Herr Shield’s workaround is brilliant, but why does it have to be so painful for users on an otherwise almost brilliant machine.

7 Likes

Hello there ! I just received my AnalogRytm, love all the sources machines !
I have been using a Machinedrum Uw mk2, for me there is nothing I miss on the analog rytm, except the EFM Clap generator

For those who knows what I speak about, it would be a great add on, the harmonic settings are very convenient and quite powerfull, like a tunable - rolling snaredrum, with frequency modulation wich can be “envelloped”…

I don’t know how possible it is to integrate it, but I think it would strongly improve the harmonic potential of the CP track…

5 Likes

hi there,

i don’t know how to suggest ideas for next firmware but i would be cool the double tap FUNC button to latch it and since double tap TRACK button does the same shortcut than FUNC + LEVEL KNOB it would be nice to use this last shortcut (FUNC + LEVEL KNOB) to have like in the MK2 version a quick perf knob by turning the level knob.
FUNC + LEVEL KNOB = quick perf amount.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve just had this idea… what do you guys think about this? I’ll put it in a feature request tomorrow, do you guys have any additional suggestions to add?

One thing that could greatly add to the AR and imo perfectly fits its design without messing up the workflow is adding a toggle mode to the chromatic mode, to add another way of using the pads. My idea is as follows:

They could add a ‘12 variations mode’ as a toggle function of chromatic mode, which is saved with the kit youre working in.
12 variations mode: when first opened, this mode just plays the sound of the selected track on each of the 12 pads, but by holding any one of the pads you can adjust any of the track parameters for just this pad. This allows you to set up 12 different variations of the sound, which you can use by opening this mode. This could be designed to visually work just like the scenes or performance pads where a line on the bottom of the screen tells you which parameters are altered per pad, and allows you to delete these. The difference with the scenes/performances is of course that this mode actually triggers the sound with the adjusted parameters. If you record using this mode, the adjusted parameters would be automatically parameter locked to the step they’re recorded to.

This mode would open up a LOT of possibilities:

• Chopping a sample in 12 slices which will cut eachother off like theyre in a mute group, great for us hiphop producers.
  • Using it to set up 12 different levels, great for variation in drum sounds.
  • You could use it to create an alternative pitched mode, not chromatic, but within any user defined scale.
  • You could use this to set up 12 different filter settings for the sound on a track.
  • etc.

Good idea or not?

21 Likes

Great idea

2 Likes

Good idea, I’m imagining this kinda like the pads attached to sound pool slots that can be used to live input sound locks

1 Like

That might be a better way to frame it yeah

Love it!

2 Likes

Great! “Slicing” hack :smiley:

Are you thinking you would be able to record this or would it be more like scenes as purely a performance macro?
Itd be great to record it as plocked steps ofc but maybe thats a step too far.

2 Likes

This one applies to all boxes with randomize - be able to record randomization in Live record mode.

I’d love to be able to put down 16 steps, hit live record. Then instead of randomly twisting knobs, you could instead spam the randomize combo and have the settings recorded.
Instant madness :smiley:

You can kinda work around this with midi by sending random midi ccs while in live rec,but being able to do it directly within the box would be cool

1 Like

Yeah, I’d say just like the chromatic mode locks the corresponding note value to the steps when recorded, this mode could just P-lock the values you’ve changed when recording.

For instance: setting up 12 different velocity values would p-lock the corresponding velocity to each trig when recording, or if you set up 12 variations of samplestart/end (slices) those would be p-locked when recording.

4 Likes

I’m sure this has been requested many times already but proper sidechain compression triggered by sound of choice. Really need that.

6 Likes