AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

I would still really like to see a simple addition of a global “velocity off” setting. I know there are workarounds etc…but that’s a feature I would like to see added to the Mk1.

One thing i just thought of would be really cool is if while you were on any page, one could just hold down the LFO button and touch or turn a knob and it would AUTOMATICALLY assign the LFO to that parameter.

maybe even if you continue to hold down the button you could adjust the depth by continuing to turn the knob without having to switch into the LFO page to do it. (possibly some depth indicator line underneath the parameter to show changes.)

9 Likes

A great idea and something already implemented on the Models. Have a +1 on me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would really like to be able to import kits from one project to another, or export kits from project to a list that can be imported into new projects.

• make kit 1 in project 1 and save.
• start project 2. decide kit from project 1 would be dope.
• import kit
• fun

7 Likes

This!

I would like for pattern change buttons to be toggle buttons, so changing patterns wouldn’t require a button combo.
I always use tape to keep the button pressed so I can more easily switch patterns with direct change, that’s how I play no chain nor song mode for me.

(I’m new here due to the recent update so I’ll let people fill me on the probability of this happening, but…)

PRB AS LFO DESTINATION!!!

3 Likes

+1

5% 6% 7% 8% 9%10% 9% 8% 7% 6% 5% 4% 3% 2% 1% 0%

:wink:

4 Likes

5 Likes

One thing I think would improve work flow is when you lock a sample and are in the sample menu with your list of samples…
if you could select another trig and it would jump to that sample so you could change it without having to exit the menu and re-enter again…

So basically pressing a trig would jump to that sample…
I think it would speed up locking samples

2 Likes

It’s not as fast to enter but you can use mute trigs as your pattern mutes and normal mutes as your global mutes.

Plus mute trigs can be more detailed by only muting parts of the pattern.

A total pattern mute would still be nice and faster.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve actually been switching off the sample or analog trig switch in the trig menu as it is per pattern and it works as a sort of per pattern mute…
though proper purple pattern would be better… and can’t do it at all on the A4…

4 Likes

Just thinking about this, and came on here to mention and seen your comment…i was also thinking of a seperate sub menue controlled by the 12 pads…where you can load sample chains that are 12 samples long with 12 even spaces in the chain…then when you hit the 12 pads the sample start would jump to the 12 start points of the chain…

So you could for example have any sample sliced into 12 cuts in your DAW, then the sample assigned to say track 5, with the new pad sub menue the twelve slices would be playable, spread across the 12 pads…like chromatic but you play sections of a loop…

Would work for sample chains that contain different expressions of the same instrument as well, like a chain of 12 samples of a hi hat all with different strikes, timbres, degrees of open closed etc…you could play the different start points easily if they were distributed over the 12 pads…

3 Likes

I think it would be cool, if in performance mode, the right controllers knobs would control the level from track 1 - 12 (9/10 is controlled with the same knob adjusting both levels etc)

1 Like

I can suggest simpler way.
Just make a special mode like chromatic, but pads number increments sample slot, against pitch. so you can place you 12 samples in sample pool, and assign first of it to track. Inspired by soundpool multimap in A4/DN)
Generalizing this idea, in this mode you can set the modulation of any parameter.

UPDATE: we need just a option in track settings: “chromatic modulation” (store in a KIT)
there are two parameters: modulation destination and step
default: mod_destination -> NOTE, STEP = 1 – just simple chromatic mode
or mod_destination -> SAMPLE SLOT, STEP = 1 – for described above behavior
or mod_destination -> SAMPLE START, STEP = 10 – for @Adam9 chains trick (it needs two destinations for perfect conception, SAMPE END also, if possible)
If anybody interested – mail feature request to elektron, to support this idea)

1 Like

A simple one (though probably not in terms of programming it). I want a Dust parameter for all of the machines. Love it!

1 Like

I’d like to be able to change (in a menu) sample end to sample length, this way the sample offset and loop length is always preserved. Will make it sound much cleaner for LFO start position glitch sample processing. Also makes wavetable synthesis possible.

4 Likes

Performance Mixing page on rytm:

I miss a way to quickly control the track levels. How about a mixing page which let you use the pressure on the pads to control the level of each individual track? Full pressure means full track level and the track remember how hard it has been pressed. That way you can slowly bring up tracks together roland style. Holding function would inverse the action. Using this function on muted tracks unmutes and start the tracks from lowest level.

1 Like

I request decimals for all parameters. It will be huge addition for sampling, tuning oscillators and LFO speed.
There are decimal in LFO depth and some times I use constant LFO to modify parameter more precise, mainly for DVCO tuning. Why all other parameters are integers?

I read the explanation here for a long time, it seems something like, it’s difficult, reluctant and impossible to do. But elektron said the same thing about the midi sequencer, which was implemented, despite this “impossibility”.

2 Likes