AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

i like your thinking, however i think the voice circuity in the rytm is in place and you’re talking about an internal change for option to route sample audio to modulate the analog oscillators.

1 Like

Would this be the same if I set all midi tracks to Midi Chan 1 with the OT controlling Rytm? And then assign Midi CCs to multiple Rytm values as a CTRL all function because I’m super jealous Rytm mkii has Performance ctrl all and really wanna do that on my mki.

Trig condition default setting.
I’d like to be able to chose a trig condition by default so I don’t have to program it everytime.
Example: evry trig programmed by default with “Desabled when FILL” so when you press FILL, you can have all other trig muted.

@HooBass another trick I like to use to get some life from the tom machines is to apply overdrive only to the attack transient. Use the LFO set to trig with exponential decay and get it to boost the overdrive for a short period of time right at the start of the hit. Really helps these underpowered machines cut. Was also amazed to find while doing this that I could hold LFO/Copy and LFO/Paste to apply the same trick to all the toms quickly :wink:

(Other than that I tended to regard the tom pads as a place to put samples only until @Karl_Joseph’s tip which I just used and it sounds great)

3 Likes

I want to be able to change the pattern number in the current bank one-handed. I’m often playing a different synth with my right hand and I’d like to be able to just swap patterns with a single press.

To that end, I would really like to disable the timeout on the ABCDEFGH pattern select. I’d like to be able to set a lock time: if I hold a letter button for 2-3 seconds the 12345678 numbers flash for a second and are then locked to that bank.

For example, if I hold B for 2 seconds, the numbers flash for a moment, then when I release B, B is locked and flashing and I can change between the numbered patterns in B as much as I like one-handed, until I press any of the ABCDEFGH bank buttons again unshifted.

I learned it here, just passing it on

Maybe someone already mentioned it:

Different amp-env-curves … just like the ones on the A4 … i guess it’s impossible because of the cpu-restrictions

1 Like

would be nice if there was a way to keep FILL on once activated, maybe a combo like Page+Tempo? would allow to free one hand to do other things in the meantime, then could be deactived pressing either the Page switch again or something like :arrow_left::arrow_left::arrow_up::arrow_right::arrow_up::arrow_left::record_button: :open_mouth: :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I don’t like how the trigs when not in record mode play notes …
I press a trig without rec sometimes by mistake and it changes the selected drum then I have to reselect the drum again…

the pads already do this, it’s unneeded…
would like to deactivate this

Use CV1 or CV2 to control the pitch and triggering of the ADSRs of the Dual VCO bass on the RYTM. :slight_smile: that would be awesome.

Isn’t this already implemented? Hold [FUNC] + double press [FILL]? And press [FILL] again to deactivate?

2 Likes

yep, seems like but only for MKII :expressionless:

List of changes from OS 1.31B to 1.40

[MKII] … To enable fill mode for only one (following) pattern iteration, press func + fill

Elektron, please, free those LFOs!!!
:pray:

4 Likes

Send Param Locks via Midi
Since I’d like to sequence some modulation of external gear (effects, synths) with a track of the AR, I’d love to use param locks for this. (with slides, of course ;-))

To me the current behaviour is quite unintuitive:
Midi CCs are sent when the params change by turning the knobs, but they are not sent if param changes are done by locks.

1 Like

You would think that now the MD is out of production they would do this. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

feature-request@elektron.se

1 Like

@xidnpnlss I cannot follow you. What do you mean?

The MD architecture allowed flexible allocation of LFOs, so spare LFOs could be used on other tracks iirc, the AR has an LFO per voice. I see the appeal but imho i don’t see strong prospects of this changing on the AR

2 Likes

This. Earlier on there could have been made the argument that because the MD had this, Elektron wouldn’t be so inclined to allow it on the AR. But now that the MD isn’t in production…

Yes, they could have done it by now, I guess. But we all assumed MIDI sequencing was out of the question, so…

Have to say - more LFO is by far my number 1 request - making things ‘move’ is essential and having just one is limiting in-box potential.

The two external CV inputs are a workaround but pull in a lot more external dependencies to a patch/sound and not easy to just “load” that sound again!

2 Likes

@guga Hold down page then hold yes, release page first and it will lock, press page to deactivate. Works on both models!

1 Like