AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

I’m sure this has been requested many times already but proper sidechain compression triggered by sound of choice. Really need that.

6 Likes

This makes so much sense to me! And would also be a nice way to make a custom set of pitches… so many applications- it would really open up so many possibilities.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it would be possible to have a second LFO in a future update but having additional LFO modulation destination(s) seems feasible and would come in handy.

7 Likes

MIDI LFO output, just like on the OT, DT and A4.

1 Like

have a kit library, i don’t know if it’s possible but we have sample library, sound library it would be sooooo nice to have the possibility to save our kits in a library… the dream…

7 Likes

There is already a thread on this but we might just bring up this topic again:

I wonder if there is a reason to why the gain reduction meter from MK1 has been removed in the os for the MK2? See the image below, the bar to the right in the first image is supposedly a GR-meter.

I’ve searched the MK2 manual and can find nothing when I search on gain reduction. There is nothing on it in the MK1 manual either, even though the feature is there.

Oh… and of course, digitakt has this feature :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Performance and scene tracks with performance slide trigs/a performance lfo would be wild.

Really really unlikely but just saying lol

Edit: I’d settle for CV ins being assignable to performances tho 🤷🏾

Are you aware, that you can control/modulate performance macros via midi cc and also control which scene is active?

Octatrack with its three lfos per midi track and 8x lfo designer waves is perfect for going crazy on Rytm performances.

Cv would be wild, agree…with midi just gotta work within the limitations, but you can go pretty crazy with it, too!

1 Like

For sure, I mess with that sometimes using my DT, but it can be a hassle to get smooth stepping using one shot LFOs and it gets old quickly using standard LFO shapes.

I’m hoping for something like a sequencable morphing feature. I really dig how easy slide tracks are to set up to act as flexible LFOs.

I do envy the LFO designer though, it seems super useful.

The CV ins would just be sweet for people who use expression pedals!

I would really love a separate low- and hi-cut filter for the sample section, this would make layering much easier.

This could be a new digital one like on the digitakt or a setting where the analog engine bypasses the filter section.

9 Likes

+1 @Sleepyhead, major feature request! I’ve also thought about this same thing from a mainly Live Rec programming point of view.

You could call these ‘PAD LOCKS’.
essentially all you would need to do is switch the ‘Chromatic’ setting to ‘PAD LOCK’ in the Sound Settings and then enter Chromatic mode to hold PADS and tune all parameters like you do with Triggers. Clearing a PAD LOCK could be done by holding a PAD + CLEAR(play). Previewing by holding PAD+YES.

Just as you would program TRIGS LOCKS to bring one instrument to life, you could now play these different sounds and also record them to sequence that way.
Not knowing if there would be any limitations as to why the ARII would not be able to do this, but even if it wouldn’t work perfect, it would still be an amazing workflow. A major improvement for playing live or in a jam type of situation, as well as for creating patterns playing the Pads in Live Rec.
If there was one new feature on an upcoming update, I would vote for this one ten times!

3 Likes

Thats a way better name! I agree would love this as an update.

Lets hope elektron reads this haha

Yes! and PAD LOCKS would I think tickle the same corny Elektron marketing itch that brought us “hold on to your colons”

1 Like

Being able to p-lock perfs/scenes (maybe on the fx track?) would be amazing!
This could apply to the A4 too with perf knobs!

1 Like

Sound locks don’t actually work, would be happy to have that fixed before any features get added

Really? What issues have you had?

Sound locks don’t work, sample locks yes. Sound locks load the wrong samples

2 Likes

Edit: my comment in this post was completely incorrect. Importing a saved Sound to a Track or Sound Pool -does- import the sample into the Project Ram
in a free sample slot.

I think the Sound points to a sample slot, if you load the Sound in a different project it will point to the sample slot in that project rather than loading the sample into RAM automatically.

I don’t totally get the workflow, but it seems like it’s by design

2 Likes

Oh wow, haven’t run into this yet, but glad I have the heads up!

1 Like

Its a bug not by design I’ve already talked to support about it.
it works correctly on the digitakt and can find the correct sample
I saved a whole bunch of sounds when you try lock them it loads the wrong samples…

2 Likes