AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

It’d be great to have a studio mode in the rytm in which the delay and reverb sends would be routed to main L and main R. You could add pedals there or in overbridge you could control sends to (2) VSTs from the Rytm directly, for p-locks, performances etc…

internal fx would be bypassed of course.

4 Likes

double post

one more, in this studio mode, track level is fixed at full volume, and the track level knobs and mute buttons send out CC#s to control the DAW track volume/mute.

This might be a bit niche, but I think it would be lovely to implement a CC# for bypassing whether or not a scene (or perf macro) change will take affect or no.

Ie. If a user wanted to use scenes (or perf macros) to momentarily control other devices in their setup instead of the Rytm’s internal engines, this would allow them to discretely do so.

Ideal behavior is: Once the CC value is received, tapping a scene wouldn’t switch the chosen scene, but would output the corresponding scene CC value.

swing per track please? before i got my AR i was using octatrack for drums and i used swing per track a lot. i was surprised it’s not there on AR- its a important “rhythm” feature to me

9 Likes

The thread on AR’s compressor suggested people would like more clear understanding of the MUP control. Ideally it would show how many dBs cut/boost it provides (especially considering 0 seems to be about -10dB).

2 Likes

Is this possible/ has a solution been found?

MIDI machine that doesn’t occupy a choke group. Lets you map 8 CCs similar to digitakt per track.
Would be awesome if you could also map the 2 CV inputs to the CCs too and have the RYTM behave as a sort of CV->CC converter!

3 Likes

So I’m still feeling this, plus keytracking for the filter, and for the MkII, a CV assignment destination for triggering a voice.

2 Likes

You could use MIDI LFO’s from other devices. For example DT or OT have MIDI LFO’s that you can assign to AR’s parameters.

Allow external USB storage, or

Let me load samples straight into RAM through an Elektron Transfer app on mobile.

1 Like

A CV machine would be cool. Use the individual outs for CV (I dont know what the maximum voltage they can output is but I’m assuming you could at least get 1v/octave out of it!?)

1 Like

Not sure if this has been said but it would be really cool to be able to control track probability as a performance macro. As far as I know this isn’t possible, unless I am missing something.

4 Likes
  1. 8 bar patterns
  2. Sample Rate Reduction parameter on SAMPLE engine editing page
  3. Per-track transient designer affecting VCA
  4. Stereo transient designer on Master output
  5. Holding FUNCTION + STEP will trigger pattern from that step, quantized to the 16th note
  6. MIDI control over pattern triggering, especially useful in Direct Start and Direct Jump modes
  7. Real-time assignment of pattern start and end points using the STEP buttons, for fun loops, buildups, and polymeters with the rest of your setup.
6 Likes
  1. CAPS LOCK functionality for function BTN
  2. Definitely more machines to choose from. (to weak in that regard)
  3. LFO destination across different tracks
  4. Retriggers as a option 4 LFOs
  5. FX track with manipulation of midi CC like Digitakt as a 2nd page
  6. Fix sequencer freeze with OB
  7. Record trigger
  8. Option to have a soft grid in the background of the sample page to know how many bars/length the sample have.
1 Like

Per track EQ would be pretty cool

5 Likes

I think some digital machines would be dope.

Also adding a second filter (like on digitone) so I can high pass out the low end on most my sounds.

6 Likes

Wait so, #1 is not already true? Oh, I must have wanted it to work so badly that I simply imagined that it was working! This is an excellent feature request!

1 Like

Second filter (like DN or A4) or EQ per track.

Visual gain reduction of compressor.

More machines.

Quantized retriggers.

Second LFO.

Loop position and sample length like DT.

Solution to manage projects, kits, sounds, etc. from the computer. THIS SHOULD BE EASIER ON EVERY ELEKTRON BOX.

Pattern mutes.

Mixer page.

Keytracking filter.

Control all.

11 Likes

These were probably posted before, but the more I use the Rytm the more I really feel like we need the following things:

-A way to retrigger the amp envelope. As is, using the AR as a melodic synth, or to ‘chop’ samples results in clicks all over the place every time a sound overlaps.
-Sample start finetuning.
-Visual feedback on the compressor. It’s really hard to set it up right without this.

5 Likes