Applying probability to other things than trigs

Hi!

First post of a novice user of Elektron Analog Rytm. I haven’t found a topic (I think) that covers this question.

Is it possible to use probability on things other than trigs?

For example, having a probability of delay being applied to a trig/step but not to others. I imagine the LFO is the intended solution for this use-case?

Thanks!

press func + a trig to laydown a trigless lock, which you can then hold and lock parameters to (in your example changing the delay send for that step) without triggering the amp/filter envelopes (triggering a ‘note’). then assign a probability setting for this trigless lock as usual from the ‘trig’ page

5 Likes

Thanks for your clear answer! Can’t wait to try that later.

Sorry if I should have gathered that from reading the manual (which I did :nerd_face:)

there’s too many discussions of this to make a search terribly easy … in a nutshell, no is the answer to the main question, whichever way you look at it you are always and only determining whether a trig is on or off - that’s it

as mentioned it doesn’t need to be normal trigging trigs, nor on the grid, there are tonnes of creative uses, but at it’s core every TRC just determines whether a given trig plays or not, irrespective of its kind/position

TRCs linked to trigless trigs can be nudged around, so they can be close to fake it seemingly happening on the normal trig … see image here for ideas