Aphex bought a Rytm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/aphex-twin-on-new-syro-lp-im-feeling-really-horny-about-it-and-very-smug-20140903

“Yeah, I’ve got this brand spanking new Swedish digital-analog hybrid drum machine-sampler-synthesizer. It’s fucking good.”

they’re worth $4K now.

Aphex Twin: “Yeah, I’ve got this brand spanking new Swedish digital-analog hybrid drum machine-sampler-synthesizer. It’s fucking good.”

From: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/aphex-twin-on-new-syro-lp-im-feeling-really-horny-about-it-and-very-smug-2014090

So fucking good that there’s a double post by someone else right above this one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well now that the Rytm is Aphex approved, we can all rest assured that we made a good investment.

I feel all funny inside. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s actually a great interview. I love how much he talks about his wife and kids. Nice guy.

Yeah, good read. He’s proud of his kids (when they’re not yelling in the studio :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). Fucking good endorsement of the RYTM, no? :+1:

lets not forget the Future Music interview from a few years back though, where he clearly spouted a whole load of bullshit about his kitlist

quasimidi 309 anyone?

several studios in 1 house! … a new horizon of thinking just emerged within me!

Very interesting interview, thanks for sharing. I’m excited to hear Syro, and whatever else he plans on releasing. His music has always been fascinating to me.

A classic:

another aphex fanboy here.
thanks for posting the interview.

I notice - from Twitter - however that we have rival Swedish manufacturers controversy ! :joy:

The Teenage Engineering boys are also claiming this bit of press as their own, the implication being that RDJ is talking about the OP-1… :wink:

Come on TE guys - it says ‘brand new’… I think it’s the ‘synth’ bit they’re clinging on to… :joy:

From the op-1 camp here :wink:

…but agree, it can only be the Rytm he’s talking about!

Great interview, thanks for posting!

And he says hybrid analog digital, OP-1 is digital all the way ? can only be the Elektron new box.

You guys know Teenage Engineering have a drum machine coming out though? They’ve been showing the prototype. Looks like a bare board with a couple of encoders. They said they were sending units out to artists prior to release…

yeah the PO-12, can’t wait to grab this one. But i doubt this is about it in this interview :joy:

But it can be anything, “brand new” because he just got it, who knows …

PO-12 is digital, don’t think it samples either.

But then on the train, I didn’t have any power sockets to plug anything into

Leans toward rytm I think…

Fan here too.

But no need RYTM for that

:dizzy_face: :heart: :dizzy_face: :heart:

I love Rhubarb and I :heart: :heart: :heart: RYTM

My favorite… :slight_smile:

1 Like

What piece of gear does Teenage Engineering have that has this description:

“Yeah, I’ve got this brand spanking new Swedish digital-analog hybrid drum machine-sampler-synthesizer.”

digital-analog, hybrid drum machine-sampler-synthesizer?

Sounds like the Rytm to me…