Anyone with the Oto Bam?

Still a bit torn between collider and Ventris :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Appreciate all the input!

I had heard about the noise on Rooms, but I can never pick it up in YouTube vids or audio clips. That might bother me. I donā€™t need super clean, as I make tunes on the lower fi side of the spectrum, but if itā€™s just some aspect of the pedal thatā€™s poorly designed, it would annoy me at the price of Rooms.

I did circle around the Ventris a bit, but none of its verbs really hit me like the BAM. I think itā€™s a great pedal, but I have the UA Golden to handle all standard duties.

Maybe my coin flip involves a double-sided BAM coin!?

That box is awesome. If it was $399, I would not even question it.

Wouldnā€™t call Ventris standard though. Thereā€™s so much you can tweak to maken it your own. But I certainly do get why you like the BAM. Itā€™s a dark reverb with analog filters etc. That does help with its unique sound, and thereā€™s really nothing that compares on that front. Pretty certain Ventris will be able to mimic it close enough though. Letā€™s see :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Ventris is fabulous with its Dual Reverb. I can say the same about the BAM and the CXM 1978.

Edit : and the Space

1 Like

I may have to circle back to see if the Ventris can get dark and dense and bloom-y.

Itā€™s certainly a nice piece of gear. Maybe I need to dig for more examples.

Turn the Treble down and use both Reverbs.

1 Like

I think thereā€™s more in common between Bam and Golden Reverberator than Rooms and Golden Reverberator, so Iā€™d probably go for the latter combo, but thatā€™s easy to say when I havenā€™t tried Rooms but came close to buying several times.

My Bam unit clips easily, fwiwā€¦

Went and watched/listened to the handful of options again. To my ears, nothing beats the Golden Rev and the BAM for pure sound and vibe.

The Rooms is really close in the mojo category, but noise floor keeps me from jumping. I have not ever heard this issue in videos/clips at all, so I can only go by what a handful of people have stated about their experiences. Most users donā€™t seem to mention it. Wonder if itā€™s just not there in every scenario or many just donā€™t pay enough attention.

Ventris is very nice. Itā€™s just not warm enough for me though. EQ wonā€™t solve it. It has an edge that is always present. I have never heard it come close to the BAM in its tone/vibe. I tried to talk myself into it because itā€™s a very practical and widely useful bit of gear.

Seems Iā€™m still stuck at testing whether I can handle the noise floor of the Rooms, or overspending on what sounds like my favorite reverb of any available new gear on the market.

2 Likes

I own OTO BAM, Empress reverb (also very nice), strymon nightsky, cba mood

all very nice pedals and very different.

Anyone here also consider the CXM 1978?
what I kinda miss in the OTO Bam is the ability to EQ the reverb tail (there are some filters, but thats it)

1 Like

How does the BAM compare to NI Raum?

Or Novation Peak reverb?

Interesting video! thanks for sharing!
But I cannot understand how could be shown a reverb stereo pedal without any test of its stereo sideā€¦
Well, guitar reverb pedals are usually mono and they provide good kind of space and they are great for mixing with more instruments and recordings, but the space, as we feel it, is stereo.