Anyone using Ableton Push?

i had push 2 but sold it to fund an OT(which i eventually sold)so i regret it to be honest, it had some great workflow features(mainly the drum section for me) and with Live10 it is even better,im not taking the plunge though until the next one arrives

yah, the screen on the push 2 looks fantastic, but wow is the push 2 not crazily expensive. the push 1 goes for pretty cheap and i think that would provide enough of what i want to make it worth it.

well after owning both push 2 is without a doubt a much better device on every angle, but that said push 1 is still a viable and much cheaper option,2nd market is around £400 which is well worth a look

Do you currently have Live or Bitwig?
Just can’t see how you can beat the Live/Push experience.
It’s the best hardware / software combination imo, especially if you have Live suite with included max4live

1 Like

yah, have Live 9 w/ m4l but recently got into bitwig and looking at eventually using bitwig full-time. currently just using Live 9 for m4l w/ monome grid.

I have it along with Push 2 and used it a lot when I started getting into creating electronic music. I still use it in the studio but now focus on pure hardware solution for live performance.

i currently use a monome grid to play my stuff in an improvisational way, but i’d like to eventally move to something like the push to play since it’s a bit more of a fail safe.

more than anything, i’d like the push as a studio controller of sorts. using it with bitwig you might not have things like sample editing etc, but overall, you get the same functionality.

anyone using it with Live and are really enjoying it? if so, how are you using it?

resurrecting an old thread but I just dug my old ableton push 1 out and have been trying to get back into it- quick question for push users though. is there a way to keep the push from switching back to the session view when in the sequencer and holding note to temporarily view the loop position viewer?? I can’t think of any reason why I would want this behavior, and while it doesn’t do this when I hit shift+note and just lock the viewer, sometimes I just want to quickly move around a sequence without having to tap note again to move from session back to the sequence, or locking the viewer itself.