Anyone using Ableton Push?

I dont have the link handy but search something like “Komplete Push integration” in Google and you will find some chap who put all of NI’s presets into readily made instrument racks and the likes. For any Komplete owners it offers fantastic value at 20 aussie dollars.

I really like Push. I was saving for another bit of hardware to go with the OT but Im almost certainly going to plump for Push. Have borrowed my mates unit and it really does bring Live, well, alive for me! And the new melodic step sequencer is an awful lot of fun.

Push plus an AP40 would be a fabulous set up. A lot of crossover in functionality but also compliment each other very nicely.

http://audiomodder.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/push-vst-bridge

Weird video from someone about this, but gives you an impression about one feature the nativekontrol PXT Live script offers.

1 Like

Weired video from someone about this, but gives you an impression about one feature the nativekontrol PXT Live script offers.

http://youtu.be/qmooCNq85rs[/quote]
yea that was a pretty weird video but that just shows one of the many awesome aspects of the pxt live.
also woah to the push vst bridge, many thanks for showing me this as i just bought komplete 9 ultimate during the 50% sale and this will help big time with intergration. thanks!

Weired video from someone about this, but gives you an impression about one feature the nativekontrol PXT Live script offers.

http://youtu.be/qmooCNq85rs[/quote]
yea that was a pretty weird video but that just shows one of the many awesome aspects of the pxt live.
also woah to the push vst bridge, many thanks for showing me this as i just bought komplete 9 ultimate during the 50% sale and this will help big time with intergration. thanks![/quote]
Bought the nativekontrol PXT a few days ago, but didn´t get too much into it yet. The video really shows one nice thing about it, something I did so far with my monome 128 and MLR.

I also just ordered Komplete 9 upgrade yesterday…, finally after I bought komplete 2 many years ago. That vst bridge will be a good thing to use with PUSH , thanks J0n35y for sharing this!

Your welcome! It’s a gigantic time saver. For Push/Komplete owners its absolutely fantastic. Im also a Maschine owner so a few other bells and whistles. I just need to buy me a Push now!

so i notice that the VST Push Bridge only works out of the box with the standard presets. have you ever added your own presets to browse from? is it easy?

Got this today and holy crap, it’s sweet! Been toying around with it having a blast for the past few hours.

The only thing that really bothers me a bit is setting the swing, it’s a bit odd that you can’t hear the swing while you’re turning the knob, but by all means, it’s not a biggie at all.

Also, some of the control buttons seem to react a bit slow, so I have to push them quite hard, as was the case with the pads first too, but at least you could adjust the sensitivity of those, don’t think you can adjust the sensitivity of the control buttons.

But so far it has integrated really well with all the Elektrons (well, except for the OT, which I haven’t got going with it yet, but I will).

Also, just love the fact that you can store program changes in Live, that makes it soooooo much easier to use and keep order of projects and songs. Also just having templates for loading up the various hardware synths is great, makes the workflow a lot faster from what it has been for me before.

All in all, great first impression of it. :slight_smile:

By setting program changes to correspond to patterns in Live, it works like a charm with the Octatrack too! Syncs perfectly, changes patterns on time and just works. Nice!

Yeah and some chaps called Mabelton have done the same as Audiomodder did for Komplete, but for the Arturia V collection, Sylenth, Diva, Alchemy, Zebra etc,
www.craftedsound.com

Push has made Live a lot more fun for me, but I still love the OT, which I think has more liveness in it, if that makes sense.

Maybe some might find these usefull…Push for dummies (or anyone interested) :

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bumps.

Have been toying around with Push. Late to the party, but wow.

So far, I’ve only been using Push to come up with melodies and textures, and exporting them as audio to feed my Octatrack. An endless source of sample fodder.

The stuff in this thread sounds really cool though. I’m a bit intimidated by the whole idea of even trying to sync the Elektrons and Live – I guess I’m spoiled by just having hardware and not having to deal with that latency nonsense.

But yeah, as a control surface, Push is crazy. My current plan is to come up with melodies and chords using the scale modes, and then learning the chord shapes on a traditional keyboard – insta-profit for my keyboard chops.

1 Like

Yeah, the Ableton 9.2 update from a few days back made Push twice the monster it’s been previously.

Do you use push? Check this thread: http://www.elektronauts.com/t/ableton-push-tame-elektrons/12919/109395

is anyone using a push 1 or 2 with Bitwig (or Live)?

really tempted to buy a push 1 for quick clip recording/launching, mix duties, automating parameters and maybe another option for note input.

i also looked at nektar’s panorama p1, but it doesn’t seem to have near the level of control as the Push offers.

Well, I wouldn’t suggest to get a Push 1 or 2 for using it with anything else than Ableton Live, because by itself it is a dumb controller which needs an “intelligent” host to provide most of its features.

Without Live you can still use it in custom mode, but:

• all buttons and encoders will just send some fixed CCs
  • the display stays dark (not operational)
  • the lights on the buttons stay unlit (everything is bitchblack/hard to see what is what)

But in combination with Live it shines (I’m talking about Push 2 here, no experience with Push 1).

2 Likes

it works super well with bitwig using moss’ custom script.

so i’d even be interested in how it works for those that use it with Live.

The link is somewhat mangled and doesn’t work. Can you remove the “amp;” part of it?

Back on topic again:

For me it’s the best controller (Push2) for Ableton. With Live 10 they started to integrate even more graphical stuff like live spectrum display on EQ. Sampling and slicing is a real breeze. Step recording and playing live is great, too.

There is too much I love about it to list it here. Just check some videos on YT to get your own impressions.

Of course there are things which can be done faster with a mouse. Nothing beats large screens and a mouse when it comes down to absolute efficiency when you need to jump around quickly doing tiny adjustments here and there.

For me the Push 2 is more of a jamming device or, better, an instrument by itself. When you focus on a special task like getting a melody done or slicing a sample and get a beat going.

Is it a MUST-have? No, it is somewhat pricey and you cannot do everything with it. But you can do much and it has this OTB feeling to it almost like an Elektron machine.

2 Likes

If you are going to use Push, in my opinion you would be mad to try and use it with any other daw, except Ableton.
Of course if you are already using Ableton with Push, and want to try and use it with another daw that you own as well, that makes a little more sense.

1 Like

again, the script extension i posted above would give it all the features except for waveform editing (push 2) as well as further options such as the raindrop sequencer.

i’m looking to primarily use it to record/launch clips recorded from my hardware, automate plugin parameters, and mix duties.

so if you have experience using it with Live, great, maybe explain why you enjoy using it etc.