Anyone still modding their Monotribes

Mark, do you run the VCO knobs on your Microbrute at 50% or 100%? Anything over 50% will give you a much harsher overdriven sound, maybe a hugely misunderstood aspect of the Microbrute. I see most videos of the Brute using the VCO knobs turned fully to the right and I believe that people understand this to mean that the oscillator is “fully on.”

No, I run my VCOs no higer than 7 on the Microbrute.
I bought my Microbrutes as filters and ADSRs for my Monotribes.
I build synths out of multiple synths, but mods needed to be done
to my Monotribes.

On this video the Microbrute’s VCO is muted.

But bottom line this video shows 2 Monotribe VCOs
through a hi-pass MIcrobrute filter.
The tonality is quite different!

Oh fun, thanks for the share! I’ll check the video when I get home so I can hear it on headphones.

I installed the drum mod by @darenager after having the amazing-machines midi mod into my monotribe.
I had the monotribe for years before the drum mod having it getting sequenced by various other sequencers. It’s really cool. The drum mod is also really incredible. I like the default sounds a lot, but adding variety to the drums is a lot of fun.

Unfortunately the last couple of times I powered my monotribe on, it’s been really noisy so I’m gonna have to take it apart and see what’s causing the issue.

1 Like

In my experience most Monotribe malfunctions are caused by intermittent connection between the main and sub boards, sometimes wiggling the cables will cause the issue to disappear. Obviously for a more permanent fix further diagnosis of the actual cause (oxidation, cold solder joint, snagged wire etc) on either the cable, connector or PCB is required.

Glad you are enjoying the drum mods :slight_smile:

i basically bought a monotribe JUST to modify it.

…and some day i might get around to that. it’s been about 4 years.

edit: this thread inspired me to get my heat up to date and run some monotribe through it. thanks!

1 Like

getting some information to begin modding mine soon. it was either sell it or mod it.