Anyone have a guide or instructions for setting up Digitakt with Ableton via Overbridge?

Hello, I’ve been fiddling with this for awhile and have gotten nowhere. Granted I am VERY green when it comes to using ableton. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What I have done:

Audio Setup
Audio Input Device -> Digitakt (Core Audio)
Audio Output Device -> UMC404HD

In the Project
1st MIDI Track - MIDI from -> Digitakt #2 (Elektron MIDI)

Then I setup a bunch of Audio Tracks where I set the input to be from the Digitakt, and the individual audio tracks specified (Track 1 L/-Digitakt, etc.)

If I open the Overbridge Control Panel I can see my tracks bouncing. However I dont hear them from my headphones plugged into my audio interface, and all my meters in ableton are dark as well.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

1 Like

You actually don’t need to set the input for the Digitakt, this would be more if you wanted to use the DT’s physical inputs L or R.

I see all your monitoring is off. You would need to set this to In, or Auto record enabled.

Also try playing from Ableton, ie spacebar, rather than the DT. Depends how you have your clock set up

I have the exact same set up and the same issue. I don’t know how to get to the bottom of it. Seems like it should be pretty self explanatory but I’m just not getting any recordable audio.

I got this setup working really well.

Audio settings
Rme babyface pro 64 samples buffer, 48khz
Also have ada8200 card with 8 added inputs
Ableton as mixer
Digitakt is sending master clock to my audio interface to which ableton is synced to.
Using ob plugin for individual outs and total recall of digitakt.
Virus ti with virus control, again for easy recalling.

Way ive set it, virus has 3 stereo outs via usb, and ive routed 4th from the analog outs to ada8200. Rest of the analog outs are mono tracks so 4 stereo and 4 mono.

It works like a charm. What i had to fine tune was the buffer margins from ob engine so no nasty glitches etc would occur.

The plugin reports pretty heavy latency at the moment, but sending the clock via dt midi out to audio interfaces midi in solves this for me. No playback latency and recording latency that really bothers.(for example record quantization snaps correctly)

But the best part of it is…

Anytime i open ableton or existing project, theres nothing to be done. It just works.
I have been wondering if its possible to record the program change datas from ti plugin to midi track so i could import it to pyramid… But im happy now and waiting to see how much elektron can drop the latency

Your monitor setting is on Off. Try Auto.

1 Like

guarantee u its because monitoring is off

2 Likes