Anyone else with dirt inside the screen assembly?

It’s only obvious in some waveforms/screens. But it’s there. It is not right below the plastic screen protector but underneath the plastic covering the display. It can also been seen when the unit is off. Pretty disappointed although I could’ve received worse.

What to do? Its not preventing anything apart form it bing really annoying now that I know it’s there. It’s like a dead pixel. You might not see it for years but once you know you got one, it’s all you can see.

The only way to sort this is to take the unit apart and then take the screen assembly apart and get the dirt out and then put it back together without catching new dirt or dust. I don’t have a semi sterile assembly room here. And neither does Elektron :sweat_smile:

(Yes I know this is nit picking, but I expect a lot from Elektron, which is partly their own fault for making great machines.)

Could be worse

2 Likes

Those little animals are usually due to the environment the machine is in. Some climates have them too. I forgot the name but there’s a lot of people with those little critters in their equipment.

I’m temped to send it back. I have to look at the screen all the time. It is highly irritating.

If it bothers you, do it.

1 Like

Yep, dead insects in my OT screen now :confused: Think they came from an old cushioned box I pulled from the garage and used as an OT desk for a while. Haven’t seen em move in a while :wink:

1 Like

I forgot the name of those bugs. They love the layers inside certain LCD screens. Crazy critters!

2 Likes

“In 1947, engineers working on the Mark II computer at Harvard University found a moth stuck in one of the components. They taped the insect in their logbook and labeled it “first actual case of bug being found.” The words “bug” and “debug” soon became a standard part of the language of computer programmers.”

4 Likes

2 Likes

Crabs?

I opened a ticket and will see what Elektron says. I wouldn’t mind trying to clean it myself, but only if it doesn’t void my warranty.

1 Like

Hold a vacuum cleaner hose by the nearest gap (usually at the back) and suck that sucker out, I did this on my Rytm - easy, fast, clean. No need to void warranty or send back :wink:

2 Likes

There are no gaps. I doubt it can be vacuumed out via the headphone out :sweat_smile:

turn it up really loud :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When I did it on my Rytm I think I just put the hose over one of the jacks, the vacuum got rid of it and it has not bothered me since, I used a pretty powerful Dyson.

It would be weird if it bothered you as that would mean you’re looking inside your vacuum cleaner :anguished:

My vacuum bothers me all the time… Every time I have to use it… :grin:

2 Likes

:unamused: