Anyone Else Experience Elektron Support Radio Silence?

I was on Elektron support, woah-oh… radio. :cricket:

They’d had my (out of warranty) Analog Heat MKII since mid-December of 2022. It just arrived back here yesterday!

It was missed and an FX+ was purchased in the meantime. To me, the length of time was forgivable since they were able to repair it at no additional cost to me outside of shipping. Now it has a new display window, a new navigation encoder… and a new FX+ friend as well.

I do feel like I had to prod Elektron support a few times to get it back sooner, yet I can’t say for sure whether my asking for an update truly helped to increase the priority at all. They at least replied to me and their communication was good for my peace of mind.

3 Likes

Kudos for your patience. A 5 month wait would’ve had me fuming.

2 Likes

You know what, I didn’t even think of that.

If you can hit swap to Overbridge once your unit is on, that might be a workaround for now.

1 Like

Same

Yes, with a company with these few employees and that many devices in the wild, even if they confirm a successful repro and have a fix ready for the next pending build, the next build may be waiting for the other priority fixes and no updates will be externally available/observable.

2 Likes

@avantronica
@sjvl

Here’s the bug post!

Let me know if you need any more info. No pressure to test it out, but wanted to make sure it was documented somewhere for others to see ; )

Appreciate the feedback, everyone! Means a lot! <3

5 Likes

you’ve got response? I’ve submitted two bugs with video and audio evidence and at least one of them been confirmed by another rytm user but didn’t get any response yet…
I don’t actually expect to get response soon as I know that they’ve been occupied with the AHFX launch and there was that show just recently so they are probably busy rn, also I don’t think bug fixes being rolled out as soon as a bug was reported so I’m pretty patient about it…

2 Likes

Me and my big mouth, okay, I will aim to try to, but i am seriously not that captivated by overbridge and probably somewhat of a noob by forum standards

at least @alechko has come to our mutual rescue for now, phew (good points too) !

3 Likes

please do send me the ping of shame here if i don’t reply soon-ish-ish, i am old and forgetful and having looked in detail at the steps i realise it’ll take time as i’d be using this in ways i never have … i’m a standalone user, Live on my elderly Mac is 10, Live on my recent Mac is 11, but i am reluctant to put OB (or anything i don’t know i will use regularly) on that ‘clean’ audio machine … i did put transfer on through necessity, so your other issue may be easier to try, hopefully!

2 Likes

Hahahahaha don’t worry about it man! No pressure.

I just updated my transfer + overbridge and I was able to back up a project that I couldn’t before. So that’s a good sign.

I’m not expecting anything, I just figured I better put up or shut up if I’m going to complain about a bug ; )

3 Likes

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

2 Likes

̶S̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶m̶m̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶G̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶O̶T̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶R̶Y̶T̶M̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶’̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶.̶
̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶R̶Y̶T̶M̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶a̶g̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶d̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶r̶e̶s̶p̶o̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶.̶
̶T̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶9̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶u̶r̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶.̶
̶I̶’̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶v̶o̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶.̶
̶
̶U̶g̶h̶ ̶
̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶.̶
̶I̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶i̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶R̶Y̶T̶M̶.̶
̶I̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶p̶a̶d̶s̶.̶
̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶k̶t̶r̶o̶n̶.̶

*updated below

Under warranty still? I’d be asking for a replacement and/or a warranty extension seeing as you’ve been without it so long.

Man I would be livid if I was being charged for repairs and I had to send it back three times and be without it for a year. It would feel very much like you’ve got my money and you’re taking the piss, and even worse again if you’re being charged for repair on top of that.

Surely they just approach repairs for the most part like a laptop by replacing parts, testing the device and getting it sent back asap. And then seeing if the faulty bits can be refurbished at their leisure and not on the customer’s clock?

I really hope it’s just a combination of really bad circumstantial luck causing the issues (not that that helps you at all).

2 Likes

̶I̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶i̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶a̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶.̶ ̶
̶I̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶a̶p̶.̶
̶W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶.̶ ̶
̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶d̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶i̶n̶i̶t̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶v̶o̶i̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶e̶x̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶d̶s̶.̶ ̶
̶B̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶"̶T̶r̶a̶n̶s̶f̶e̶r̶"̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶l̶u̶x̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶.̶ ̶
̶I̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶r̶a̶n̶t̶y̶,̶ ̶I̶’̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶
̶I̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶y̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶
̶I̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶s̶.̶ ̶
̶T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶
̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶.̶
̶I̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶f̶f̶y̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶s̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶
̶
̶I̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶u̶c̶k̶y̶ ̶c̶i̶r̶c̶u̶m̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶l̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶o̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶t̶s̶.̶

*updated below

̶A̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶g̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶O̶T̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶U̶S̶B̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶l̶u̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶r̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶.̶
̶I̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶g̶y̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶.̶
̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶E̶l̶e̶k̶t̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶e̶f̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶i̶g̶n̶o̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶
̶M̶y̶ ̶O̶T̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶a̶i̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶R̶Y̶T̶M̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶m̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶O̶T̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶’̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶.̶
̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶m̶i̶s̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶d̶a̶y̶.̶ ̶
̶N̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶E̶l̶e̶k̶t̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶j̶a̶n̶k̶y̶.̶ ̶
̶F̶e̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶p̶e̶.̶ ̶
̶
̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶6̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶g̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶4̶.̶
̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶b̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶w̶l̶e̶s̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶
:man_shrugging:
̶F̶e̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶

*updated below

1 Like

I think it’s hard to find good workers for anything anywhere these days…

1 Like

Not sure what the hell was going on with my gear the other day.
It seems one of my OT projects is corrupted in some strange way.
It must have sent some wild stuff to my RYTM making it seem like all the voices died.
I REALLY hope this was just a user error situation.
If that’s the case I’ll be very relieved
Turned on my RYTM this morning with nothing else plugged in and it seemed to be working as it should.
When I plugged in my newly repaired OT into my AK, the AK was wildly out of tune on some projects. I tried figuring it out but it seemed very ghost in the machine.
If it happens again I certainly make a video.
After creating a new project on the OT, everything seemed ok :crossed_fingers:
However, my OT’s crossfader was definitely put in backwards
:man_facepalming:
I’m surprised they do not do simple tests on repaired gear before sending it back.
That’s two in a row, an unbootable RYTM, and a backwards crossfader on the OT

I was quite lucky today actually.

Logged a bug report at the weekend, and got an email telling me of impending national holidays meaning a longer weekend, but still received a reply relating to the bug and that it’s known and they’re working on a fix.

1 Like

Well after further testing something is definitely still wrong with my RYTM.
Out of nowhere the voices die.
They sort of crackle after it happens, even caught one on camera.
After restarting a few times it started working again, which is also frustrating, because when it’s working, it’s not easy to identify something is wrong.
Going to just keep putting it through it’s paces and see how it does.
I created a new support ticket Friday.

Not likely

You can set this calibration up yourself, a very simple procedure

1 Like