Anyone care to dissect this Dataline vid?

From what I can tell the flex machines are used in slice mode to play/resample incoming audio from the tb-03. The octatrack is sequencing the tb-03 via midi and freeze delay is being used to add variations. He wouldn’t be able to use freeze delay without using a thru machine unless the delay is being applied to flex machine only or is the delay applied to a thru machine? (Or both?)

2 Likes

hi dude ! you can buy the tutoriel here … good investment

5 Likes

I didn’t notice that. I think I’ll spend more time with the machine and manual before buying the answer key. (pretty sure it’ll seem simple in hindsight)

Looks like the video has been sped up , hands moving too fast
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sounds good though , tb3 seems very capable 303 clone

1 Like

I thought the same. Not sure. Possible to check tempo. Edit : tempo seems normal (127.8).
Cenk moves hands fast !

This one seems really accelerated.

3 Likes

No.

It was a joke comment …

2 Likes

The beginning before Play press is obviously accelerated, but at 1m40 Cenk is moving hands very fast ! I thought it was accelerated there too, but the tempo seems to correspond. :slight_smile:

I bought one of the sets/tutorials from bandcamp recently Not disappointed.
Still undecided wether I bought a live set and got a free tutorial, or bought a tutorial and got a boatload of samples and inspiration…

Edit:
Please note that the tutorial was more of a setup / workflow tutorial.
Most of the specific techniques are of course available on here / youtube.
Still, not disappointed.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks.

Yup. Easiest $6 ever (or whatever it was). Watched it many times. Plus I just just like supporting musicians on Bandcamp. I feel a tinge of guilt spending thousands on gear but hardly anything on musicians on Bandcamp. Trying to change that little by little.

3 Likes

highfives

You can increase the speed of hand movements by overclocking the system. For optimum results use a liquid for cooling purposes like perfectly tempered beer.

6 Likes

Or, you know… Just use the DigiTouch. 8 vector motion amplification with composable multitimbral sequencing.
I’m pretty sure that’s what Cenk uses…

I bought it and it’s worth it just for the signal / fx flow explanation. The way he makes the TB-03 sound like that. :ok_hand: