Anybody using Model:Samples in real productions ?

I have a DT, and of course it has OB, but I don’t feel motivated to work like that, since it’s a lot more steps to take, and my brain don’t seem to like that.

So I just ordered a 2nd hand M:S to gain 2 more outs, but also because I have long wanted it for something light and portable to take with me to my friends atelier and for when I go to my family at Christmas and such.

In other words, you could maybe get a 2nd M:S (or DT) if money is no problem. 2nd hand might be an option.
I myself do prefer having just one Elektron. But it just seems significantly more practical for me personally to add the M:S. But let’s see how I like it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks man! I used both MS and MC mostly as couch based sketch machines when I didn’t have a ton of time. I’d write little percussion pieces on them and then sample them to chop up later. I feel like these boxes are great for quick sessions like that.

May have been mentioned but check out some of the @AdamJay stuff that he did on Model Samples. So good!

Edit: Ha he posted this already. But still amazing so enjoy it again!

1 Like

cheers,

My next EP on Re Define Records will be out in January and all 4 tracks were primarily M:S. Two had a little help from OT. I’ll update here when the promo begins.

2 Likes

Will listen for sure. Thanks for sharing :+1:

Well I forgot about this.

All 4 tracks from this EP were M:S tracks:

Also, this vinyl will come out tomorrow, with both Joel Mull and Noncompliant remixes:

All sounds on the title track are from the M:S (and so the remixes based on those sounds), and actually taken from the audio recording in the youtube video of my March 2020, and edited (cuts and looping for intro/outro) for release.
The B2 track was all OT MK2.

2 Likes