Any way to lock the echo freeze delay?

It actually has some non-cliche uses…
Find them!

1 Like

Tried. For live I think I still prefer tape echo dub like delay, with evoluting sound.
I would sample beat, not use it live, because maybe I’d abuse it. :wink:

I use 4 tracks just for the RYTM input.
Lots of amazing fade out/transition scenes with the option to echo freeze out at the end.
When you stack up comb filtering, non locked delays, reverb and EQing, you can really get some special sauce cooked up.
Also on the non freeze/freeze combo, if you set your parameters right you get the echo freeze at the end, but when you bring it back, you get a wicked delay tail.

2 Likes

use a midicontroller for controlling freeze delay. so you can controlle delay times and switching on off the delay efx. thats best solution

1 Like

When you say option to freeze out at the end, are you talking about a scene set up targeting send to 0, and then not pushing the fader all the way, so your “option” is just to push it all the way? :thinking:

Oh man. I’m going to try this with trigless trigs in conjunction with conditional trigs tonight. I don’t know why I never thought of this.

Exactly!
I always have some sort of fade to grey style scenes ready to go.
Some of them really fade out and really morph the sound before you push the cross all the way to the end, so then it’s just a simple nudge if you want the echo freeze.

1 Like

Yes but when the delay uis locked to a scene, to have an infinite delay, It is not faddding when you fade the cross… For me the locked delay only work when crossfader comes the crossfader extreme side

Am I right ? With the tips of scenes lock for echo freeze, it is just activating infinite delay when crossafeder comes to extreme side … ?

I still haven’t tried the scene method yet, although from what @JuanSOLO says I’m certainly going to…
I’ve been referring to the delay control mode… Just started messing with delay control/echo freeze last week!

Dude, can you please confirm that the echo locked tips with scenes, is only activated when crossafader comes to extreme side of the locked scene ( feedback 127 & send 0 ) ?
Thank you

Yeah, it’s only when the cross is all the way to the assigned side.
Personally I don’t like going into delay control mode much, it’s too many button combos and takes me out of other modes.
I just use scenes and make my own delay control mode.
For example, I rarely use both scenes at once, Scene A is almost always muted.
I keep one scene (scene 1), blank.
So on Scene 13-16 I might have 4 different delay rates set with echo freeze.
If I have Scene 1 (blank scene) active, I can push the cross all the way to the right, now I can hold Scene B, and toggle between Scenes 1 - 13-16 and it works very much like the delay control mode.
Same theory works great for playing the comb filter or anything really.
Stack the effects up using neighbor tracks and you can really get some wild stuff going.

5 Likes

Settings examples ?

I tried again. Still not convinced, it locked my phone. :smile:
I think it’s a good feature, not really for me. I prefer TRC / crossfader on delay send, feeback…

Also, if you are using both Scene A and Scene B, and both are active, both with echo freezing with the same parameter, you’ll get nothing because both sides will be “freezing” the parameter simultaneously.

1 Like

I guess we can also sequence the freezes with a trig plocking send…
Hmmm… Maybe in a thru machine track :thinking: hmmm…

1 Like

I thought we were talking about delay control only…
With scenes it’s another story.
:sleeping_bed:

1 Like

I may have missed that part

1 Like

Plocking send and feedback…
With TRC you can have random freeze, with full feedback, which can be stopped by another TRC or regular trig.

3 Likes

Eventually with a controler/sequencer as a machinedrum you can automate those EchoFrostScenes and assign them lfos … slides etc.

So on Scene 13-16 I might have 4 different delay rates set with echo freeze.

-Ok but only locked to B ? So you change scenes as time values for example ?

-What will be the difference about freezing a normal track or a neighbor track ?
The neighbor will let the other tracks sound evolve even if the delay is frost ???
If it is right with 0 send and 127 feedback for example it is incredible…

Good night ! See you tomorrow :slight_smile:

#nicedreams

1 Like

I just pipe the midi back to the OT, and have the OT’s sequencer/LFO’s control OT’s scenes if I want.

YES

None

The frost will freeze anything that comes before it.

2 Likes