Any Paramotorists here?

Along with my music nerding, I added Paramotoring to the list of “places my money goes.” I’m fresh out of training with my PPG2 rating!

Anyone else here enjoy zipping around in a sky chair with a massive leaf-blower?

5 Likes

In my region there are some and it’s really good that surface-to-air missiles are so expensive, believe me.

3 Likes

I get that. I’m in Texas, USA, and there’s a lot of open space. Most of this local community are very cautious about livestock and houses. I’m sure there are a$$holes ruining it for everyone.

1 Like

Here there is a large population density, so very slow leisure with high noise potential is not much appreciated. What if you are naked in your garden chair … :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I like to be at 2,000ft and up… I can’t see you, or your garden chair.

1 Like

That’s a shame, because you’d probably really enjoy seeing me in my garden chair.

I’m very easy on the eye.

As for the paragliding thing, good luck to you, you mad bastards. It’s not for me though, I’m nervous on bridges, let alone buzzing around the sky in a shopping trolley.

14 Likes

Something I’d love to try.

1 Like

I just made my UUT2 license which is way better and faster.

What the heck are you talking about :smiley:

1 Like

When i read this i thought it was about Motorists who are Paraplegic. I couldnt have been further from the truth :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’ve got a pair a’wheels on my motorbike…not sure that counts tho’? :grimacing:

Does it fly?

1 Like

One does not prevent the other :upside_down_face:

1 Like

My particular bike is nicknamed “the mule” by the community that rides them. It’s a bike that’s capable of doing nearly everything but usually in a not so graceful manner.

If bikes could fly mine would look like an albatross during takeoff.

1 Like

Not a bad view, Texas.

5 Likes

I would very much like to see this sort of thing become the norm for food deliveries instead of those obnoxious drone deliveries that are starting to take off (pun intended).

2 Likes

So did you buy your setup yet?
Recommendations on instruction?

I’ve been interested in doing this. I’d quite like to skim the coastline and go way off grid into state/national parks and camp like this for 1 or 2 nights with a friend or 2 and then fly out. We have enormous tracts of open land in the US and it seems like a fun way to see some of it.

1 Like

I’m in the camp who says instruction is an absolute must! I was trained through Austin Paramotor, and they have people from all over the country come to train with them.

My rig arrived about 3 weeks ago:
Nirvana Rodeo Blueline MKII
Dudek Solo Wing

The Rodeo breaks down nicely and the whole rig fits in my 4dr sedan. !!

Read up on the FAR 103. National Parks have a lot of rules about airspace. But there are many Paramotorists who go camping.

Wind conditions have a huge impact on when we can and can’t fly. I think anyone getting into it needs to align their expectations accordingly. Some weeks have 5 mornings/evenings that are great to fly. Sometimes, you’re lucky to have 2 flyable days in a month during certain times of year, depending on region.

1 Like

I always figured that to do this safely is like flying a LSA in that you’d be foolhardy to not work on becoming an amateur meteorologist. :joy:

I’m amazed your rig fits in a sedan. I figured I’d need to get a truck or trailer.

1 Like

I thought so at first too… But the cage section is in 4 quarters, and the 3-blade prop comes off with an included wrench tool.

That motor comes in/with a rolling luggage style bag.

^^ That pile is my whole rig - Harness, Prop, Motor, Cage quarters, wing.

Put together - one of the lighter and more efficient motors around.

1 Like