Any nice videos out there of people running analog gear via CV from the A4?

I haven’t really messed around with the whole CV/analogue connectivity and sequence my stuff over MIDI. I have two Behringer analogue clones ~(Model D and Pro One) and I fancied trying out patching them to the A4 via the CV jacks.

I’ve found some setup videos but are there any examples of people patching an A4 to the semi modular ports of these types of synths? I haven’t even really played around with the patch cables yet and wanted to get my head around what the pros/cons of this type of setup are.

1 Like

I’ve used the cv/gates out on the A4 quite a bit, but not made any videos. MS-20, Roland SH-1, Dreadbox Nyx and Erebus and Pittsburgh Modular SV-1, even one of those cheap Gakken synths. It all works well, though I’ve not really used cv on other than pitch and gate, nor on modules much, but that’s only a matter of time.

1 Like

Nevadine did a couple of excellent videos on this subject. I don’t think Nevadine is on the forum anymore but I am sure that if you use the forum search function you should be able to find the videos.

1 Like

If you are wanting to see music made this way, Perfect Circuit has a few videos. Not live-patched, but once you watch a setup video, this gives you a good idea on possibilities. Cenk also uses it for controlling modular effects.

1 Like