Any external kit manager for AR mk2 I’ll pay anything

I recently bought a few sample packs from Elektron that didn’t come with kits already set up. Man, is it a CHORE to load these up with the interface, going sound by sound, setting the engine to zero, scrolling through the sample list to find the right one. Does anything out there let you manage and create kits in a faster way? Overbridge beta? Any of the iPad apps?

I believe you can save/load kits via sysex. I’ve managed entire projects with sysex and if memory serves me, kits was an option.

Download C6 from Elektron

1 Like

Anything? :thinking:

Can’t you do this with Overbridge?

And/or load empty Kits via SysEx?

What would loading empty kits do for me? I’m looking for a faster, better way to load samples and build up kits of them.

You can do that for already existing kits, but I’m asking if there’s a way to create sample based kits in the first place that’s faster than doing it on the AR and tediously scrolling and doing it one at a time.

Ah I see.
I haven’t used Overbridge in a while but like Rusty mentioned, that should be much easier/faster than directly on the AR.

I feel your pain. I was surprised to see that a few sound packs I recently purchased (both analog drum synth and sample sounds) had no pre-built kits. With the complexity involved in searching for the new sounds and samples then building kits from them, it’s confounding that they sell sound packs without this basic feature, especially considering that many sound packs have both kits and demo patterns included.
I have not tried the Overbridge 2 beta yet, but it does look like easier kit building is available there.

1 Like