Android digitakt usb

That’s super weird… If I record a video with my camera and play it back the Digitakt will notice. But for YouTube and Spotify it won’t.

Wow ok instant update; after trying recording a video with the standard app I switched to Spotify and it worked!!!

Can’t explain it but now it just works.

So next time it doesn’t;
Record a vid. Play it back.

3 Likes

Not sure if you ever got this to work but I found that getting this app to record with was what did the job for me. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderpro&hl=en_CA&gl=US
There’s an I/O tab in the app that makes it very clear that the phone is connected to the Elektron device. The developer talks about its driver quite a bit on the web page so maybe the magic is in that?

1 Like

thanks for all your input thus far - super helpful - i’m fleshing out my query to hopefully allow more folk to tap into opportunities here if they too are a tad late to the usb-c party

With regards the Chroma Cable linked (with a 56k resistor) … that’s just a regular cable right ?! the pull up resistor is referenced for clarity, but this doesn’t imply anything OTG which you discuss above (came to ask a Q and found the topic nearly answered) … the only anxiety is why chroma PR about the normal feature is front and centre

would a common or garden (respectable but no 56k referencing) B to C cable work the same as …

c(male)------a(female) + a(male)------b(male)

I picked up a pair of ‘clones’ of the apple dongle and they’re dandy on the mac

so when i’d halfheartedly tried this with a regular a-b on an android with usb-c i wasn’t confident it’d be as seamless as it was (once a few apps were directed to the USB source)

Anyway - i was wanting to capture Syntakt direct on my Android and not having a dedicated USB interface i basically proceeded and ended up doing something a bit daft - i plugged the ST analog outs into Behr-Mixer and took its USB into the phone … oops … no need for that detour via analog - shoulda gone ST>Phone

Anyway - a cable like those suggested could be handy for the ST etc into a Mac, but i’m looking for a tidier solution than the one i already have (hate the site of dongles, i always make a cable up if i can) so not too keen on stretching teh budget that far

a few options on amazon are close to a 1/3 of the DJTT price

so these are all good wrt the lack of highlighting 56k or irrelevant OTGness

To be fair one question alludes to using with a DJ controller, so seems all good … but gonna post this anyway as a belts’n’braces question to anyone who wants to chip in

It’s possible i might stick with the dongle as it’d be occasional use anyway and it’s always around for my iLok key and more cables is not what i need

I’ve read a couple of obscure topics about difficulties of DT-USB-Android connection on the Internet, so decided to try it myself yesterday:

• Google Pixel 4a (a budget model from 2020)
  • Android 13
  • Even found native Google OTG that had been shipped with the smartphone (also I had bought no-name Chinese OTG)
  • Installed free USB OTG Checker app to see if my smartphone supports OTG (it says in the checklist that USB Manager and USB Host are ok, but no USB Device List is available)
  • Installed free OTG Guru app to see information and statistics of connection if something goes wrong (not necessary until everything is ok, but shows some geeky code).

Well, everything worked like a charm. The OG Google OTG and even the no-name random one - both are okay.

Now I’m testing a couple of free WAV Recorder apps to record stems via USB. Seems like I won’t always need a laptop or recorder with me when I’m working or jamming on DT anymore.

I’ve also tried to pick USB audio from Behringer Xenyx (mixer with USB interface) via OTG cable - it also worked.