Android audio out to usb c?

Can I use my android phone usb c port (with a usb c to usb b cable) to get the audio out of my phone in the Digitakt?

I am quite sure, that you need Overbridge to get Audio from and to Digitakt over USB, so Digitakt is not able to play soundcard on phones.

The Digitakt doesn’t support USB class compliant audio. So “no”, without Overbridge (which requires an own driver) you can’t send audio via USB to the Digitakt. Maybe a future update may add this functionality, but Elektron hasn’t stated anything in that direction.

1 Like

You can use a USB Type C to 1/8” (mini) audio adapter. Then a stereo mini to mono 1/4" splitter into the Digitakt external inputs and sample audio that way. I don’t own a Digitakt but if I understand correctly you can sample the external inputs.

Hi all,

I wanted to followup this one here as nearly all elektron devices are now usb audio class compliant.
Has anyone tested this with android 10? Or older versions. My android 10 phone recognizes and listed the digitakt in any audio menu and app. Theres one stereo input and output to select. If I hit play or record in the apps the “timeslider” starts moving. But there is no sound going to the digitakt nor the digi streams audio into the phone.

From google I found out that since android 10 the “audio over usb” function has been deaktivated. So I’m wondering why my usb headphones are working?

I think streaming directly into the phone digitally is the best way to record without a pc, mixer or generally if you make music outdoor. What i intend to do.

Does anyone has success or is interested in this function? And does anyone have a glue how this could work?

Android 8: works perfectly
Android 9: distorted sound
Android 10: no function

Still nothing positive on this front…

I never came back to this as I though it was all known that it’s working fine. So USB C to the DT from my phone and all the audio is routed to the DT. I can then record the audio out from my phone. It’s really useful as the noise floor is really, and I mean really low. I do a lot of field recording and I need this type of quality transfer. So to answer my own question and for anyone else, yes, Android USB C to DT as an audio interface, no problem at all. Now I don’t know about which version works and which doesn’t work and which phone works or not…

1 Like

I used to record video + audio with my Galaxy S9 over the analog heat usb port. Now with a Galaxy S10+ neither analog heat nor digtone is working at all…

i think this is the solution… How To Enable USB Sound Cards On Android Devices - YouTube

1 Like

I could record DT/DN usb audio with Samsung A51 Android 11, Audio Evolution Mobile Trial app. Specific drivers, not sure.

Couldn’t record in default camera app. Any clew ? It write “using usb mic” but it uses phone mic.

@Sebas I tried this but it didn’t seem to change behavior.

Same here: I use Android 9 and the sound is unusable distorted. Has anybody else tried DT/DN with Android 9?

Is it worth to “downgrade” to Android 8?

Any updates?

I record video with USB audio from the digitone or digitakt with a Samsung Galaxy S10e running Android 12.

I’ve only gotten it to work reliably when using the stock samsung camera app in “pro video” mode. It gives me the “recording audio using usb microphone” message, and takes the stereo master track from the device just fine.

1 Like

I use a Samsung A51 and Open Camera.