Analyzer for Dawless Setup

Ahoy! Is there an analyzer similar to Ableton’s, which also shows me grades, for a Dawless setup? The Elektron Gear works in an analog mixer and there is simply no analyzer to be able to see the frequencies, but the notes are also important to tune drums etc., but also bent synths to know what scale I am in. I don’t always like that by ear …

Mordax Data can do that in eurorack.

What I would do is plug my stuff into a Computer and use an analyzer inside a daw, because a outboard analyzer is rather expensive!

Or just google “hardware spectrum analyzer” and buy something :3

1 Like

Maybe an app on a tablet/ smartphone?

1 Like

I don’t think there is a great one. The DAW will be best here as it has almost infinite resolution. If you’re just looking for pretty lights go for it.

2 Likes

If you just want to know pitches get a tuner, much simpler, you can get an app or dedicated unit, they are pretty inexpensive. The only downside is that you would need to isolate the sound whose frequency you want to determine, just solo it, tune it then done.

1 Like

There are very few dedicated hardware ones. Amazon has several cheap ones that are more about pretty lights.
This is the only real one that I’ve been able to discover:

1 Like

Maybe Tc electronic CLARITY M STEREO
but need add adac interface

1 Like

I have an equalizer (home hi-fi style) that has a super basic analyzer on it. I forget the brand/ model off hand but I can check when I get home if interested. It’s just something I picked up at a thrift shop.
The analyzer isn’t bad but it has too few bands (therefore too broad per band) to be useful for me in my music making setup. I just needed an eq for my stereo to balance out the sound of my living room. Interestingly you can plug an RTA mic or line signal into the analyzers detector circuit.
I don’t think this unit is in production anymore but I guess my point is that depending on your requirements there are older pieces of tech floating around the used market for next to nothing.

Hey thank you! I will probably have to do this with the computer, even though I actually want to get away from the computer. But it’s just cheaper and I really need a good analyzer where you can see the notes, etc.

I’ll throw this in here, as it may have some use to someone. iOS only as far as I know.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d just use an analyser in my daw and set it to full screen. You’d be looking at a screen either way.

2 Likes