Analogue pocket

The signal from the Super NT? It outputs HDMI, so you need to have a receiver or box that converts to an analog signal. My receiver does this, so I get an analog stereo signal to run to the mixer from it.

If you mean the Analogue Pocket, then yes it has a real analog stereo 3.5mm output so you can break it out however you like.

1 Like

Super NT. That looks tempting. I’ll research nanoloop now

Oliver licensed this officially so yes it’s not just a demo of nanoloop 2 :slight_smile: original link port means we can sync to our hardware ! Probably going to pair this with nanoloop device !

2 Likes

I’m really, really excited about this for a number of reasons. @Hawk is spot-on about the DMG NL cartridges. Folks treat cartridges as hunks of extra plastic/silicon carrying machine code better off in an emulator, but Mono for example literally contains an analog synth. On my backlit DMG, Mono is noisy as heck, and I’d much prefer a beautiful machine providing what I expect to be a far cleaner signal path. I’m very eager to use it for that, NL2, LSDJ, and its native NL port.

On the LGPT tip, the code has been open sourced, so maybe the FPGA could be configured to run a compatible architecture and/or it could be ported? I vaguely remember Marc years ago getting 1 or 2 channels working on DS, and I think Pocket could out-perform that though I could be wrong.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve had mono since release and it’s the most noisey nanoloop cart when synced.

2 Likes

Got delayed till mid-2021, but there was an interesting update to the site:
“Pocket to MIDI USB-A Cable
Connect Pocket to Mac or PC via USB-A and sync Nanoloop to any MIDI-enabled DAW or software
Pocket to MIDI IN Cable
Connect Pocket to MIDI and run Nanoloop in sync with external MIDI gear like keyboards, synths & more”

3 Likes

Quite a few reviews on youtube now:

1 Like

Ha guess they timed the lifting of the press embargo to match the new preorder date.

2 Likes

Anyone get this to work yet? I tried it yesterday and didn’t have any luck. Every other GB/GBC/GBA cartridge I’ve tried is working beautifully, though.

This. I have a PSP 3000 with thousands of games on it, including PS1 games. Though a second set of shoulder buttons is preferable for the latter not all games require them, especially the sort of games (shmups) I like to play on handhelds.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried yet since mine doesn’t come until tomorrow. What firmware is your mono on?

The latest one, 1.0 / December 13. I reported it to Analogue, but I haven’t heard back yet.

1 Like

No what firmware is nanoloop mono on, not the Pocket.

1 Like

Ohhh my bad, will check when I get home. It’s the 2018 version that’s a bare PCB.

Looks like my Mono is on 1.0.5.

1 Like
1 Like

Has anyone got one of these recently? Their website makes a big deal about Nanoloop being built in and midi cables being available.

Replying to myself - The new version is on pre-order and not shipping yet…

Learn to read the website Matoshi.

1 Like

Smart of them to go after the gaming and music production groups. Also a really sleek presentation of the product. You can tell it’s a labor of love with how much they’ve thought it out, including the ability to program your own games.

I thought the same. It’s giving me budget M8 vibes and when you’re done being creative a couple rounds of MarioKart (or Sonic).